solentlife
This is prompted not only by a thread on this forum but seems to be happening more often in most forums.

A question or request for assistance is made and people respond. I for one try my best to help especially newcomers - sometimes my info may be a bit 'iffy' sometimes I hope it helps. None of us are perfect !

What is appreciated though is when the originator of the request comes back with results ... good or bad ... at least we then have a knowledge base of that request generated. But it seems that more often now - advice / info is given and you hear nothing more from the originator. 

Maybe I am old fashioned, but I find that a little bit 'off' ...  

This is a hobby where we get a lot of satisfaction from not only being successful with our own projects, but helping others achieve as well. The camaraderie generated is worth the effort.

Sorry if I am being an old 'fart' about this.
I'll fly anything if I can launch it ! Youtube : solentlifeuk
Quote 4 0
Wildthing
solentlife wrote:
This is prompted not only by a thread on this forum but seems to be happening more often in most forums.

A question or request for assistance is made and people respond. I for one try my best to help especially newcomers - sometimes my info may be a bit 'iffy' sometimes I hope it helps. None of us are perfect !

What is appreciated though is when the originator of the request comes back with results ... good or bad ... at least we then have a knowledge base of that request generated. But it seems that more often now - advice / info is given and you hear nothing more from the originator. 

Maybe I am old fashioned, but I find that a little bit 'off' ...  

This is a hobby where we get a lot of satisfaction from not only being successful with our own projects, but helping others achieve as well. The camaraderie generated is worth the effort.

Sorry if I am being an old 'fart' about this.


Your expectations are not wrong and I agree with you. A simple thank you goes a long way. 
Quote 0 0
DualDesertEagle
Totally agreeing with this and I sure hope the guy who asked for the Bronco plans is gonna come back telling me how the plane flies once he's done building it, ideally telling me that it flies great the way I designed it.
Quote 1 0
Wildthing
Totally agreeing with this and I sure hope the guy who asked for the Bronco plans is gonna come back telling me how the plane flies once he's done building it, ideally telling me that it flies great the way I designed it.


Not a peep from him , good or bad  but just very poor appreciation for what you did and you did it fast.  
Quote 0 0
solentlife
Has no-one noticed the lack of Please and Thank you from todays generation ? Yes you do hear P & TY ... but not as you used to. Today you are as likely to have object snatched out of hand instead of appreciated.

Actually - I know some older people who are just as bad !! 
I'll fly anything if I can launch it ! Youtube : solentlifeuk
Quote 2 0
Wildthing
solentlife wrote:
Has no-one noticed the lack of Please and Thank you from todays generation ? Yes you do hear P & TY ... but not as you used to. Today you are as likely to have object snatched out of hand instead of appreciated.

Actually - I know some older people who are just as bad !! 

That is because they are all deserving, well not all but most . A lot of it comes from the parents coddling them right into adulthood and god forbid someone touches or hurts their feelings. 

The can't write (don't even know how to hold a pen) , can't spell, 0 grammar, can't do math in their heads, no common sense, no ingenuity, if they can't google it they are hooped, and if their battery dies they are dead. 
Quote 1 0
DualDesertEagle

Wildthing wrote:

That is because they are all deserving, well not all but most . A lot of it comes from the parents coddling them right into adulthood and god forbid someone touches or hurts their feelings. 

The can't write (don't even know how to hold a pen) , can't spell, 0 grammar, can't do math in their heads, no common sense, no ingenuity, if they can't google it they are hooped, and if their battery dies they are dead. 


I'm only 28 and even I have noticed that. Eyes permanently on their screens, language barely distinguishable from what u'd hear a bunch of black thugs (I'm NOT racist btw, it's just the best example) and of course always blubbering the same gibberish as the media.

And worst of all: They all think that there is such a thing as a "right to not be offended" and expect everyone else to agree with them, resulting in what is basically fighting free speech.

EDIT: There IS in fact an unwritten right to not be offended but it's part of free speech and goes more like "I have a right to not give a sh!t about ur opinion".

Quote 2 0
Wildthing


I'm only 28 and even I have noticed that. Eyes permanently on their screens, language barely distinguishable from what u'd hear a bunch of black thugs (I'm NOT racist btw, it's just the best example) and of course always blubbering the same gibberish as the media.

And worst of all: They all think that there is such a thing as a "right to not be offended" and expect everyone else to agree with them, resulting in what is basically fighting free speech.

EDIT: There IS in fact an unwritten right to not be offended but it's part of free speech and goes more like "I have a right to not give a sh!t about ur opinion".

 

Just a young pup, you are going to have to live with this for a long time. 😃 
Quote 1 0
solentlife
Oh Boy ... don't get me started on Minority Causes and how they f*d up the world !! 
I'll fly anything if I can launch it ! Youtube : solentlifeuk
Quote 2 0
DualDesertEagle
Wildthing wrote:
Just a young pup, you are going to have to live with this for a long time. 😃 


Yeah, I'm afraid that's the case.
Quote 1 0
Wildthing
solentlife wrote:
Oh Boy ... don't get me started on Minority Causes and how they f*d up the world !! 

Hey how about your 16 year old Greta activist over climate change 😃 😃 
Quote 0 0
solentlife
Wildthing wrote:

Hey how about your 16 year old Greta activist over climate change 😃 😃 


MINE ?  Not mine at all !! 

I don't disagree with her intention ... but I am totally against the manipulation of her by 'surrounding adults' ...... 

There are various aspects of her transport etc. that are questionable ... 

My biggest gripe about minority's .... is that we now have to cater for so many 'sensitive' groups and opinions.

I am not racist for colour, nationality, etc. I believe we all have equal place on this world.

But I am not in support of pressure groups to upset what are basically normal life / events.

Lets take James Bond movies. Ian Fleming wrote the books with basically a Male Chauvinistic character who beds women at drop of a ****. But now we are told that he has to be 'nice' and that the women in the movies cannot be just there for sex appeal. It degrades the woman.

F1 has had to stop using the 'pit girls' round the cars at the start ... 

@metoo .... may have been a good idea - but it has just got too far out of hand. Best we all keep hands in pockets just in case we brush against someone in the street !!

Marmalade jars in UK have had to stop using the Golliwog label.

UK schools now are instructed to teach infant school children about the 4 ... yes 4 genders !!

Oh ... I can go on ... but I'll stop there before I get too carried away !!
I'll fly anything if I can launch it ! Youtube : solentlifeuk
Quote 2 0
DualDesertEagle
solentlife wrote:
F1 has had to stop using the 'pit girls' round the cars at the start ...


Which I find to be the worst of all! Coz now they're not pit girls anymore but pit kids! So basically they've stopped pleasing normal men, which was perfectly fine, and started pleasing pedophiles to some extent!

There I have to say do it RIGHT or stop doing it AT ALL! pit girls or no pit girls, but everything else is just bullsh!t!
Quote 1 0
solentlife
When the Pit Girls were interviewed ... those that had BEEN Pit Girls ... near all said clearly that they were PROUD to do it ... many had offers of further modelling work ... in fact not one had any complaint at all saying they were well paid, treated with courtesy and respect.

I don't like Beauty Queen Pageants - I think they are too commercial ... BUT the Girls are not forced or coerced - they choose to do it.

But some do-gooder think they know better ... 
I'll fly anything if I can launch it ! Youtube : solentlifeuk
Quote 1 0
Wildthing
The word "offend" has become the law above all laws, if 1 person out of 10 million is offended by something no matter how trivial that one person wins ðŸ˜ 
Quote 0 0