andy_downs
if any one who has dodgy arms and sholders like me and always looking for new ways to safely get your pride and joy airborn well here,s a novel but extreme way.
Quote 7 0
bogusbandit56
Quote:
if any one who has dodgy arms and sholders like me and always looking for new ways to safely get your pride and joy airborn well here,s a novel but extreme way.

Don`t you think turning an SUV into a road going trebuchet is a little drastic?
Heath Robinson comes to mind.
Wot, no Depron?
Quote 3 0
Sterling101
Quote:
if any one who has dodgy arms and sholders like me and always looking for new ways to safely get your pride and joy airborn well here,s a novel but extreme way.


Definitely a different approach to it. Have to admit I've seen some novel approaches to the launch but this one is definitely the best one yet

Quote:
Don`t you think turning an SUV into a road going trebuchet is a little drastic?
Heath Robinson comes to mind.

"Heath Robinson" is my middle name
Whoever said nothing is impossible had obviously never tried slamming a revolving door...
Quote 3 0
bogusbandit56
Some more great ideas.

Quote:
Definitely a different approach to it. Have to admit I've seen some novel approaches to the launch but this one is definitely the best one yet


"Heath Robinson" is my middle name

What I would have done is turn my old Scudo into ballister with bungees and have a huge cranequin to wind the rubber back.
Wot, no Depron?
Quote 4 0
thunder
That soooo reminds me of [ scrapheap challenge ] and if we had that bolted to the roof of our vehicles in the uk we would be classed as terrorists and probably get arrested !
Quote 2 0
Sterling101
Quote:
That soooo reminds me of [ scrapheap challenge ] and if we had that bolted to the roof of our vehicles in the uk we would be classed as terrorists and probably get arrested !

Or we might offend someone which these days is so much worse it seems...
Whoever said nothing is impossible had obviously never tried slamming a revolving door...
Quote 2 0
Grantman
Too small for my needs.
Quote 5 0
bogusbandit56
Quote:
To small for my needs.

Impressive, a pity Elton John was`nt playing it at the time.
He would have been a Rocket Man.
Liberace`s candelabra in the wind.
Wot, no Depron?
Quote 3 0
mastermalpass086
I love the bit where it's like; "No rubber bands, no pneumatics, no electronics, no sensors..." yeah, just a massive metal rig holding my entire f***ing car!

Anyone fancy making a plane catapault with rubber bands? It seems a lot easier haha!
BRB - Building another nosecone.
Quote 6 0
Sterling101
Quote:
I love the bit where it's like; "No rubber bands, no pneumatics, no electronics, no sensors..." yeah, just a massive metal rig holding my entire f***ing car!

Anyone fancy making a plane catapault with rubber bands? It seems a lot easier haha!

Back in the 80's when I used to make balsa delta gliders with my dad that's all we used. A stake in the ground and a shed load of rubber bands looped together to make up the bungee. Worked great as long as the stake didn't come loose
Whoever said nothing is impossible had obviously never tried slamming a revolving door...
Quote 5 0
bogusbandit56
Quote:
Back in the 80's when I used to make balsa delta gliders with my dad that's all we used. A stake in the ground and a shed load of rubber bands looped together to make up the bungee. Worked great as long as the stake didn't come loose

The simple ways are usually the best.
I have recently been thinking about small two channel gliders launched by a light bungee because I have bad shoulders as well as bad back, neck, kness and attitude.
In fact come to think of it only my hearing works well these days
Wot, no Depron?
Quote 4 0
thunder
Quote:
The simple ways are usually the best.
I have recently been thinking about small two channel gliders launched by a light bungee because I have bad shoulders as well as bad back, neck, kness and attitude.
In fact come to think of it only my hearing works well these days

We are all getting older Ian how about this for a [ legal ] simple bungee
Quote 3 0
bogusbandit56
Quote:
We are all getting older Ian how about this for a [ legal ] simple bungee

That looks pretty heavy duty
Wot, no Depron?
Quote 1 0
thunder
Quote:
That looks pretty heavy duty

Very true as it is for EDFs up to 3.5 KG but sadly is not in stock.
Quote 2 0
Wildthing
Quote:
We are all getting older Ian how about this for a [ legal ] simple bungee

Hooks in the plane better be mounted good.
Quote 3 0