p51funfighter
Just finished my Su-47. Have you guys flown a forward swept wing design? Wanted to know what to expect on my test flight with all control surfaces linked in a delta configuration and rudder. I personally haven't flown any thing like this.su-47 3.55oz 011.JPG 
Quote 0 0
F1wanabe
I did the nico hobbies su47 which was made with scale control surfaces. Meaning the elevons and stabilizers were too small! It is razor edge - very sharp so you have to fly it smoothly. You'll have no problem with roll, but you'll need full throws on the elevons and quick reactions. I would not maiden in windy conditions because if the wind grabs it from behind it feels like the wing gets very stable all of a sudden as though it doesn't want to turn back in. Also, cg goes way forward on this! Right up to the canards, although your wings look a bit deeper than mine. Don't get me wrong, it's a really fun plane. It just flies differently than other planes. Here is mine



http://www.youtube.com/gstrysky
http://www.frcfoamies.com
Quote 2 0
p51funfighter
Quote:
I did the nico hobbies su47 which was made with scale control surfaces. Meaning the elevons and stabilizers were too small! It is razor edge - very sharp so you have to fly it smoothly. You'll have no problem with roll, but you'll need full throws on the elevons and quick reactions. I would not maiden in windy conditions because if the wind grabs it from behind it feels like the wing gets very stable all of a sudden as though it doesn't want to turn back in. Also, cg goes way forward on this! Right up to the canards, although your wings look a bit deeper than mine. Don't get me wrong, it's a really fun plane. It just flies differently than other planes. Here is mine



http://www.youtube.com/gstrysky
http://www.frcfoamies.com

Nice video! Mine weighs 18oz I didn't do the air foil yet. Trying different spurs in the main wing. I put a lot work into getting it as close to the real thing, but when I went to foam I noticed a lot of empty space and shorten it between the intake and canards and between canards and main wing. I almost lost cg, but was able to save cg position with a 4s battery placed between the nose and canopy. Thanks again for the video.
Quote 0 0
whatmovesyou
Quote:
Nice video! Mine weighs 18oz I didn't do the air foil yet. Trying different spurs in the main wing. I put a lot work into getting it as close to the real thing, but when I went to foam I noticed a lot of empty space and shorten it between the intake and canards and between canards and main wing. I almost lost cg, but was able to save cg position with a 4s battery placed between the nose and canopy. Thanks again for the video.


Do you have any video of your flights without air foil?
Notice any particularities when flying it?
Big difference with yours and (my approach) vrs F1 is the position of the prop. Ours is further back.
I like to design and fly unique planes.
Quote 0 0
p51funfighter
Quote:
Do you have any video of your flights without air foil?
Notice any particularities when flying it?
Big difference with yours and (my approach) vrs F1 is the position of the prop. Ours is further back.

I'm going to try some test flights today, but I can't promise any video yet. I have this pic to show the battery placement in the nose to counter the tail weight caused by the motor. Well gotta fly, latersu-47 control surfaces 002.JPG 
Quote 0 0
p51funfighter
Quote:
I did the nico hobbies su47 which was made with scale control surfaces. Meaning the elevons and stabilizers were too small! It is razor edge - very sharp so you have to fly it smoothly. You'll have no problem with roll, but you'll need full throws on the elevons and quick reactions. I would not maiden in windy conditions because if the wind grabs it from behind it feels like the wing gets very stable all of a sudden as though it doesn't want to turn back in. Also, cg goes way forward on this! Right up to the canards, although your wings look a bit deeper than mine. Don't get me wrong, it's a really fun plane. It just flies differently than other planes. Here is mine



http://www.youtube.com/gstrysky
http://www.frcfoamies.com

F1 you are right the Su-47 flies different than any thing I've ever flown. It flies like a knife and with only 50 percent throws it was very responsive to every thing I did with it. Its still to windy my high alpha needed a back up beeper. Testing in wind sucks. Flying in wind is fun!
Quote 0 0
F1wanabe
Haha, glad it was fun as opposed to tragic! On a calm day you can't beat the precision, but on a windy day you have to pucker up and stay on top of it! Great- I'd love to see that!

http://www.youtube.com/gstrysky
http://www.frcfoamies.com
Quote 0 0