KK Show full post »
Wildthing
Quote:
I would just be worried that you have created a lot of lateral force with the v-tail setup...maybe inducing a roll to the equation? That spoiler was monsterous and cool! Hope you let us know how it goes!

Hi Dan,
That roll is exactly what I am looking for, I am hoping it will counteract the hard turn flip. On a hard corner it's always the outside back corner that lifts and it doesn't matter which way you are turning.

Cheers
Jeff
Quote 1 0
JettaManDan
Quote:
Hi Dan,
That roll is exactly what I am looking for, I am hoping it will counteract the hard turn flip. On a hard corner it's always the outside back corner that lifts and it doesn't matter which way you are turning.

Cheers
Jeff


humm...outside corner is lifting? well this should help that for sure...cool...hope it works!
My YouTube Channel - 250+ Video's! http://www.youtube.com/jettamandan09

I'm an R/C Junkie! 40+ planes - 12 Heli's - 6 multirotors - and ground vehicles galore! I've got issues.
Quote 2 0
Wildthing
Well modifications are all done now just have to find some time.

Had to add a second servo, 1 for each rudder. When just bench testing (wot on the pusher) after turning a bunch of times the servo was starting to grunt and not getting full travel. With wot the airflow is surprisingly straight back but when you turn the air is at least 30 degrees up angle so it should give me some downforce on the back while turning.
Quote 1 0
Wildthing
Well to windy to fly, guess what I found in the corner.

Quote 2 0
Falstar
Nice job, your hovercraft reminded me of this...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1745557-Strange-(real-scale-and-RC)-Hovercraft-from-the-past-futuristic

I was about 12 when my mom got it for me with S&H Green Stamps. Being on a farm I had lack of a smooth surface to run it on. Since it had a Cox .049 I just had to put it in a Gullows P-40. I was in 4-H so entered it in the county fair. Ended up going to the State Fair with it. It was the first year 4-H had an Aviation project category.
Quote 1 0
Nightswatch
Quote:
Nice job, your hovercraft reminded me of this...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1745557-Strange-(real-scale-and-RC)-Hovercraft-from-the-past-futuristic

I was about 12 when my mom got it for me with S&H Green Stamps. Being on a farm I had lack of a smooth surface to run it on. Since it had a Cox .049 I just had to put it in a Gullows P-40. I was in 4-H so entered it in the county fair. Ended up going to the State Fair with it. It was the first year 4-H had an Aviation project category.


You just reminded me from mentioning Cox.049 haha i was pretty much same age when i started making my string controlled cox engine air planes i was the coolest kid on thee block little dizzy at times but man it was fun got few motors still kicking around

If you think you got your flying under control, Your not going fast enough
Quote 1 0
mastermalpass086
Quote:
You just reminded me from mentioning Cox.049 haha i was pretty much same age when i started making my string controlled cox engine air planes i was the coolest kid on thee block little dizzy at times but man it was fun got few motors still kicking around



Self-propelled Kites? Awesome!
BRB - Building another nosecone.
Quote 2 0
Wildthing
Quote:
Trying a new experiment, as the previous pictures we have a front spoiler to hold the nose down under speed. Now I redid the rudder, I did a V Tail type, with some deflectors on the inside of each rudder. my theory is that they will create downforce to the outside corner for whatever turn you are making. That's my theory and I am sticking to it.

[ATTACH=full]44431[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]44432[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]44433[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]44434[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]44435[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]44436[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]44437[/ATTACH]


@malukk

Here are the pictures, I also added 2 more fins on the rudders after that.
Quote 1 0