dominicm Show full post »
andy_downs
DSCF1540.JPG  its been a long weight but its finally here,looks like it will fit in the car fully rigged but the bad thing theres no manual but I'm sure theres enough info on line to find the C/G and movements.
Quote 1 0
andy_downs
further inspection revealed a broken battery tray a easy fix,no manual and a missing top hatch which they don't seem to stock,been on HK to try to sort the issues but with no success yet.cant see it flying this summer.
Quote 0 0
TomMonton
Wow... what a disappointment huh.

I bought the first tundra last season and never really flew it that much.

It does want to tip stall more than the funcub or the timber. It always required power applied when landing.... a little less glide is all.

It is a fun plane and as nimble as they get once it's balanced out nicely. Did it include floats or anything ?

What impressed me most was the suspension they used for landing gear.. it works very well.
Fly like your mad at it.
Quote 1 0
andy_downs
no floats and ive also found theres loose led light wires dangling about inside and nothing to plug them into,without a manual I don't know what else is missing,cant even send it back as ive chopped the box up.
Quote 0 0
Wildthing
Quote:
further inspection revealed a broken battery tray a easy fix,no manual and a missing top hatch which they don't seem to stock,been on HK to try to sort the issues but with no success yet.cant see it flying this summer.

Well that really sucks,
Quote 0 0
andy_downs
still no hope of getting the grand tundra flying,finally got the batt tray and glue after a lot of insisting,new hatch also arrived but had to cut out the magnets as they were the wrong way round,wires seem to be ok so decided to build it all up,not enough vortex generators,missing nuts for the u/c and flaps on one wing loose and not aligned properly,also the motor sound like its got a loose magnet,i want a exchange plane now but as ive not got the original pakageing so I don't know if that's going to be possible but as they don't list spare wings and motor I don't see what choice they have.moan over.
Quote 1 0
Wildthing
Quote:
still no hope of getting the grand tundra flying,finally got the batt tray and glue after a lot of insisting,new hatch also arrived but had to cut out the magnets as they were the wrong way round,wires seem to be ok so decided to build it all up,not enough vortex generators,missing nuts for the u/c and flaps on one wing loose and not aligned properly,also the motor sound like its got a loose magnet,i want a exchange plane now but as ive not got the original pakageing so I don't know if that's going to be possible but as they don't list spare wings and motor I don't see what choice they have.moan over.

That sucks, it sounds like you got their box of reject parts.
Quote 0 0
TomMonton
Reading this is leaning more towards neglect. To make this right they should ship an entirely new plane and just let it go. They have your online receipt, purchase information and the ONLY bullet point they can argue about is shipping.

I'd be making a bunch of noise about this. Poking at them everyday until something happens.

I can't help it but lose a little more respect in HK's products and customer handling skills. It frustrates me just knowing this is happening to the honest customer.
Fly like your mad at it.
Quote 3 0
andy_downs
H/K have tiold me to send it back so hopefully I shall have a flyable one soon.i wired up the motor tonight and it don't sound to good.
Quote 1 0
andy_downs
its been a long time coming but ive finally got a new one although its cost me £19 more than any one else having to send it all back but its here and ive just built it all up(so far so good),just the electrics and servos to set up and weathers lookin good for the weekend so I should be maidening it.
Quote 0 0
andy_downs
its been a long time coming but ive finally got a new one although its cost me £19 more than any one else having to send it all back but its here and ive just built it all up(so far so good),just the electrics and servos to set up and weathers lookin good for the weekend so I should be maidening it.
Quote 1 0
andy_downs
its taken from march 25thbut its finally met the skies,a bit blustery today but had six nice flights,still got to work out flight times but at least 7 mins leaving a good reserve.
Quote 3 0
Wildthing
Quote:
its taken from march 25thbut its finally met the skies,a bit blustery today but had six nice flights,still got to work out flight times but at least 7 mins leaving a good reserve.

Glad you finally got it in the air, can't imagine how frustrating the whole ordeal was.
Quote 2 0
TomMonton
Congrats !! ... finally huh.

You have definitely earned this one.
Fly like your mad at it.
Quote 1 0