Loubert Show full post »
Loubert
Quote:
I was new to the RC world, but after buying the courses from RCPOWERS I have graduated very nicely from a novice to a builder of foam planes. Since you have sim experience, I think it would benefit you to buy the beginner course and you will find almost everything you need to get started. It has everything, tools, glues, foam, electronics and where to buy these items at the best price. After buying the course and reading it over and over, then ask questions on the forum. Almost everybody will help answer your questions, and you might find someone that will help you by private messaging. You will so much knowledge for such a small investment.

Denny
I might do that. It seems like a good idea
Quote 0 0
dtribby
In terms of Dollars per square foot, the Lowes/HD fanfold foam and the DollarTree foam are within $.01 of each other. They are certainly the best value. They each have their advantages and drawbacks, but it's hard to go "wrong" either way.
Yes, I've known that I'm "different" for some time now...
Quote 0 0
rcflyer729
Quote:
In terms of Dollars per square foot, the Lowes/HD fanfold foam and the DollarTree foam are within $.01 of each other. They are certainly the best value. They each have their advantages and drawbacks, but it's hard to go "wrong" either way.

The Dollar Tree foam is so heavy I hate it!! blue core is so much better!!!!!
Quote 0 0
rcflyer729
Quote:
I might do that. It seems like a good idea

I would get it I have the master one and it is a deal I just wish I had started with it but it was not out then
Quote 0 0
Loubert
I am looking at all the pics of the foam planes they have on here but none of them show the bottom of them. where do the servos go? Im just trying to get an idea of how it all goes together and I have to say these planes look pretty seamless. they are nice.
Quote 0 0
dtribby
Quote:
The Dollar Tree foam is so heavy I hate it!! blue core is so much better!!!!!


You don't HAVE to leave the paper on it... It's 5mm without the paper, so you have to build accordingly.
Yes, I've known that I'm "different" for some time now...
Quote 0 0
rcflyer729
Quote:
I am looking at all the pics of the foam planes they have on here but none of them show the bottom of them. where do the servos go? Im just trying to get an idea of how it all goes together and I have to say these planes look pretty seamless. they are nice.

Quote 0 0
rcflyer729
Quote:
I am looking at all the pics of the foam planes they have on here but none of them show the bottom of them. where do the servos go? Im just trying to get an idea of how it all goes together and I have to say these planes look pretty seamless. they are nice.


this might help
Quote 0 0
dtribby
Typically, we cut holes in the side of the nacelle and snug them up against the underside of the wing plate. On my first F22V2, I put the elevon servos just ahead of the front of the vertical stabilizer tab, on the inside. The front of the gave a little extra surface area to glue the servo in place.
Yes, I've known that I'm "different" for some time now...
Quote 0 0