e3_Scott Show full post »
Flybyknight22
Quote:
You are a bad man Jeff!
My oldest son said the same thing you did.

He’s 39 now and constantly reminds me that he went to college on an athletic scholarship playing soccer for an NCAA DIV-2 team.

He lurks in the forum but isn’t a member.

When he saw the video of me flying into a tree, he cracked up and sent me this via instant messenger to gouge me and my support for Trump.

No respect, that’s not right!!!!


And then my son says: “Hey Dad, I found your plane!”

“It Flys just like you run,... Ssssssslow!”


Didn’t think much about his comment and then I got to thinking,.. hmmm wonder where I could get those plans!
And on the 8th day God said: "Go NAVY",.. and it was good! Pray like everything depends on God. Prepare like everything depends on you.
Quote 3 0
Flybyknight22
Mig-35B Tree Top Recovery Operations,..
IN SSSSSLOW MOTION!

And on the 8th day God said: "Go NAVY",.. and it was good! Pray like everything depends on God. Prepare like everything depends on you.
Quote 5 0
homey666
Quote:
Mig-35B Tree Top Recovery Operations,..
IN SSSSSLOW MOTION!


Oh man, so close to an unscathed recovery!

Peter
YouTube Channel

flower666able
Quote 3 0
Flybyknight22
Quote:
Oh man, so close to an unscathed recovery!

Peter

Ah, I took out the B-58 Hustler for a spin also Homes,..... it wasn’t pretty either.
And on the 8th day God said: "Go NAVY",.. and it was good! Pray like everything depends on God. Prepare like everything depends on you.
Quote 2 0
e3_Scott
Quote:
Mig-35B Tree Top Recovery Operations,..
IN SSSSSLOW MOTION!


Happy to see you got it back, FBK Will you repair or just press on and build the larger Mig-35B you mentioned in an earlier post?

Cheers,

Scott
Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎
#ParkJetnoise #ParkJetpilot
Quote 3 0
Flybyknight22
Quote:
Happy to see you got it back, FBK Will you repair or just press on and build the larger Mig-35B you mentioned in an earlier post?

Cheers,

Scott

Scott,
She is an easy fix and actually a nice flyer.

I will repair the old girl and get her to a larger proper field where she has room to breath.

I have my original MPF rebuilt that needs to fly as well but not out here on my short field.

I am currently flight testing the mini-park Bomber B-58 Hustler. It’s probably too small but the much larger version Bimo designed should fly well.

When I get Bimo’s Hustler lined out I’ll come back to a larger version of your Bad A$$ Mig

Take care buddy, it’s good to see your strong presence in the forum again.
And on the 8th day God said: "Go NAVY",.. and it was good! Pray like everything depends on God. Prepare like everything depends on you.
Quote 3 0
e3_Scott
Quote:
Scott,
She is an easy fix and actually a nice flyer.

I will repair the old girl and get her to a larger proper field where she has room to breath.

I have my original MPF rebuilt that needs to fly as well but not out here on my short field.

I am currently flight testing the mini-park Bomber B-58 Hustler. It’s probably too small but the much larger version Bimo designed should fly well.

When I get Bimo’s Hustler lined out I’ll come back to a larger version of your Bad A$$ Mig

Take care buddy, it’s good to see your strong presence in the forum again.


Hi Dennie -

Thanks for the very kind words

I look forward to following your larger Mig-35B with KF2. I went back through all my post flight notes and discussion with Stephan when the Mig-35B was being developed with input from you and the other members of the test team.

I had not actually in fact tested the Mig-35B with KF2, the performance of the Mig-35A was about 20% less precise with KF2 than KF4, so I think due to some personal and "team NAMC" paradigms, we assumed that KF2 would also not be a good choice for the Mig-35B. And we all know that "assumptions are the birth mother of major screw ups!" . Well not that bad in this situation, but it perhaps was wrong to make that assumption and never actually test the Mig-35B with KF2.

The Mig-35B is definitely a completely different animal than the Mig-35A, the extra wing area, and lowered electronics bay make it a much more forgiving platform right from the outset, so again I will be interested to hear your take on the KF2 setup that might help others who want to experiment or prefer that setup.

What I did review in my notes from the Mig-35A was that it didn't like to get too slow in turns with KF2, the controls would feel mushy and in any sort of wind it might occasionally throw a bit of a "temper tantrum" and not do what you want it to do when you want it to do right away. Normally a little application of power would snap it out of it's tantrum and life would carry on normally. Nothing crazy, just perhaps something to keep an eye on if you have a bit of wind and let the speed bleed off too much entering a turn

Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures with the Mig-35, it is motivating me to get cracking with my next build

Cheers,

Scott
Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎
#ParkJetnoise #ParkJetpilot
Quote 3 0
Flybyknight22
Quote:
Hi Dennie -

Thanks for the very kind words

I look forward to following your larger Mig-35B with KF2. I went back through all my post flight notes and discussion with Stephan when the Mig-35B was being developed with input from you and the other members of the test team.

I had not actually in fact tested the Mig-35B with KF2, the performance of the Mig-35A was about 20% less precise with KF2 than KF4, so I think due to some personal and "team NAMC" paradigms, we assumed that KF2 would also not be a good choice for the Mig-35B. And we all know that "assumptions are the birth mother of major screw ups!" . Well not that bad in this situation, but it perhaps was wrong to make that assumption and never actually test the Mig-35B with KF2.

The Mig-35B is definitely a completely different animal than the Mig-35A, the extra wing area, and lowered electronics bay make it a much more forgiving platform right from the outset, so again I will be interested to hear your take on the KF2 setup that might help others who want to experiment or prefer that setup.

What I did review in my notes from the Mig-35A was that it didn't like to get too slow in turns with KF2, the controls would feel mushy and in any sort of wind it might occasionally throw a bit of a "temper tantrum" and not do what you want it to do when you want it to do right away. Normally a little application of power would snap it out of it's tantrum and life would carry on normally. Nothing crazy, just perhaps something to keep an eye on if you have a bit of wind and let the speed bleed off too much entering a turn

Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures with the Mig-35, it is motivating me to get cracking with my next build

Cheers,

Scott

Scott,
Yes I remember some of that regarding KF2s on the Mig back in the beginning of our builds.

No doubt she flys more precise configured stock, you have more than shown that.

I am looking to slow the plane down. Increasing size to 110 or even 120% and making it a bit more floaty with the KF2s “might” work to do that.

It’s a bit counter intuitive to the planes original design trying to make it fly slower but still under control.

I built RCP’s F-18 version IV to 150% and that turned it almost into a glider . My son and I have many flights on the bigger Hornet. She’s a lot easier to see as well.

Anyway I want to try it on the Mig mostly because the flying characteristics I think on the Mig are better than the standard F18 version IV (and the hornets were excellent) and increasing its size gave the much slower flying affect we were looking for.

I suspect it will make for a great sssssslow flyer
And on the 8th day God said: "Go NAVY",.. and it was good! Pray like everything depends on God. Prepare like everything depends on you.
Quote 3 0
e3_Scott
Hi Everyone -

Bit of a stroll down memory lane today with my Mig-35B


This plane is one of the last I built primarily of Depron and weighs 572 gr/20.2 oz with a 2200 3S battery, making it about 1.3 oz/37 gr lighter than the first one I built. In the almost three years since I flew the first prototype, I have managed to accumulate 1300 flights with this plane through several different planes. Of course I am biased having helped design and test this plane, but it is still my overall favorite park jet of all time.

Not the fastest, most agile or best high alpha machine, but it does a lot of things really well and is very stable and forgiving.

This is the intro video I shot in Feb 2016, this plane was heavier and had a heavier power setup with the 2212/6 2200 Kv motor setup. It also appears that maybe after 1300 flights my flying skills with this plane may have also improved a little bit


Cheers,

Scott
Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎
#ParkJetnoise #ParkJetpilot
Quote 3 0
e3_Scott
Hi Everyone -

Had this steed out today for a much needed "thrash and dash" testing the HQ 5.1x5.1x3 V1S prop on 3 and 4S🙂
2019-03-02 11.52.46.jpg  Here is a flight video of the shenanigans I got up to today.


As mentioned in the video, I will be doing a step by step build video series on this plane starting in the next couple of weeks.  I won't post the videos until they are all done in the event I get delayed part way through the build for some reason (like really good flying weather😉)  More on that discussion in this video, if you watch this video on YouTube, there are many more links to what I discuss in the video.


Cheers,

Scott
Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎
#ParkJetnoise #ParkJetpilot
Quote 1 0
e3_Scott
Hi Everyone -

In preparation for an upcoming video project for my You Tube channel, I wrote this article discussing how I do motor mount modifications (moving the motor forward) on the Mig-35B.  I do this primarily to compensate for the weight of the paper in the back of the plane with building with DTF, but also experimented moving the motor forward in the red, white and black Mig-35B shown in the previous post which is built with Depron and MPF and it ended up being the best balanced Mig-35B I have ever built.😉

In the linked article, I also discuss how I compensate for moving the motor mount forward to accommodate a shorter quad racing motor that I use in all my park jets these days.  Since the Mig-35B was designed for 2212 size motors, there can be issues with the prop being too close to the stock prop slot leading edge if it is not modified.  

I have experimented with moving the motor forward on several park jets, the Mig-35B is a little trickier, most of the V5 lineup from RC Powers is actually very easy to mod if you want to experiment and tighten things up even more around the CG😎

I hope to get started on the step by step build video series for my modified Mig-35B built primarily with Dollar Tree foam in the coming week or so, more to follow🙂

#NAMCMig35B

Cheers,

Scott
Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎
#ParkJetnoise #ParkJetpilot
Quote 1 0
e3_Scott
Hi Everyone -

I had this steed out to "christen" a new flying site (new to me anyway) today🙂
2019-05-09 09.46.30.jpg
Some flight video from my first flight session at this "new" field😎  

Today I reached the 300 flight mark with this Mig-35B which I think is my 10th build since testing the first prototype?😲  This is currently the only plane in my hangar still built primarily from Depron (fuselage is made of MPF, KF4 airfoils from paperless DTF).  Although I have managed to build some pretty durable, high performance planes from DTF and MPF, I do find flying a Depron park jet just "feels" that little bit different/better.  Since Depron was the foam I used for many, many years when I first started building park jets, perhaps it is nostalgia more than anything😉

#NAMCMig35B

Cheers,

Scott
Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎
#ParkJetnoise #ParkJetpilot
Quote 2 0
e3_Scott
Hi Everyone -

A little more 4S fun with my reliable NAMC Mig-35B😎

The rules for the plans giveaway contest are in the video description located just below the title on the YouTube video, you must leave your answer as a comment on the video to be considered to win the plans, contest closes when the first person guesses within 10 the total number of Mig-35B flights I have accumulated or that person who is closest at midnight PST on 22 Jul, 2019.

Here is the video where at 23:39 I discuss in more detail what my present plan is for a step by step build video of the Mig-35B.


EDIT:  Contest was won by a You Tube viewer on the first day of the giveaway who correctly guessed 1591 flights🙂

#NAMCMig35B

Cheers,

Scott
Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎
#ParkJetnoise #ParkJetpilot
Quote 0 0
e3_Scott
Hi Everyone -

Reached the 500 flight milestone on this steed today😎
2019-07-24 09.45.58.jpg
Some flight video to commemorate the occasion🙂  

If you are interested in the plans giveaway mentioned at the end of the video, please watch on You Tube and post your answer there.

#NAMCMig35B

EDIT:  The contest mentioned in the You Tube video was won by a You Tube viewer less than an hour after the video was posted🙂

Cheers,

Scott
Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎
#ParkJetnoise #ParkJetpilot
Quote 1 0