Hello Guys! I need your help if you can!! I was trying to solder some XT60 connectors onto my new rhino 11.1v 2200 lipo battery today and when i was readjusting the metal clip on my helping hand that was connected to the wire, i accidentally had it touch the wire and it sparked. I thought i had ruined the battery, but i grabbed one of my cell readers and it read all 3 cells to me, all about 3.8 volts. The battery wasn't puffy at all either. So i continued to solder the connections onto the battery and i was able to do it. I plug it into my Imax B6 charger to test the battery connection and when i go to balance charge it as a lipo, it gives me the "connection break" message. I went to solder on another connector to the battery and still gives me the same message, but the cells still read to me. I even went and plugged in one of my older batteries and the charger is able to charge that just fine.
So what is my problem here? I am an inexperienced solderer so i am partly blaming my terrible soldering skills, but when i pull on the wires it does not detach from the connector. I want to believe that i messed up the battery, but it does not seem like it either. What can i do now???
1st I would check and it may sound stupid but make sure you have the positive and negative on the right poles. You are reading the cells through the balance plug so it should be good. The positive wire should be on the square end of the XT60 plug.
When I solder new XT60 ends on I always have a male and female end plugged together so the metal ends stay exactly where they are suppose to .