Grantman
Just pulled the trigger on one of these: http://extremeflightrc.com/44-Turbo-Duster--Yellow-Scheme_p_3561.html
Apparently discontinued but still available and on sale for $100, hard to pass up when I have lots of gear to suit.


Pics when it arrives.
Quote 4 0
pileit1
Half tempted myself! What color did you go for?
Just another day in paradise!
Any day above ground is a GOOD day.
Quote 0 0
Grantman
Yellow and blue, match my Redaq.
Quote 0 0
Grantman
Showed up on the 4th, been plugging away at her. Almost done.
20180404_131528[1].jpg  20180407_172820[1].jpg 20180407_180641[1].jpg 
Quote 4 0
bogusbandit56
Quote:
Showed up on the 4th, been plugging away at her. Almost done.
[ATTACH]54664[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]54665[/ATTACH][ATTACH]54666[/ATTACH]

Ohhhh I see now,,, it`s a 3D ship disguised as a crop duster That will be fun.
Wot, no Depron?
Quote 4 0
Grantman
Pretty much. More like a nimble sport plane, my first wooden bird in 37 years. Don't think it'll bounce like my foamies tho.
Quote 3 0
bogusbandit56
Quote:
Pretty much. More like a nimble sport plane, my first wooden bird in 37 years. Don't think it'll bounce like my foamies tho.

I think a lot of guys see the way this plane flies and think they are buying the pilot skills as well
Wot, no Depron?
Quote 3 0
Grantman
Quote:
I think a lot of guys see the way this plane flies and think they are buying the pilot skills as well

If my pilot skillz were for for purchase you'd have to look somewhere like "Dollar-store discount shelf" to buy them
I have no illusions about how well I fly, I've been debating copying this plane in EPP for practice sessions.
Quote 4 0
bogusbandit56
Quote:
If my pilot skillz were for for purchase you'd have to look somewhere like "Dollar-store discount shelf" to buy them
I have no illusions about how well I fly, I've been debating copying this plane in EPP for practice sessions.

Dude, I meant no disrespect on your flying abilities
Wot, no Depron?
Quote 2 0
Grantman
I know bro, never alluded that you did. I am one of those rare people who actually knows how a mirror works and is fully aware of their own shortcomings and limitations.

Best way to find your limits is to exceed them
Quote 3 0
Wildthing
Quote:
If my pilot skillz were for for purchase you'd have to look somewhere like "Dollar-store discount shelf" to buy them
I have no illusions about how well I fly, I've been debating copying this plane in EPP for practice sessions.

Building a copy is not a bad idea. Also you could get an experienced flyer to maiden it and get it all trimmed in for you and if you want to go one step farther is link the radios together you being the trainee that way if you get in a pinch the other guy can take over. Just hate to see it get drilled right off the bat.
Quote 1 0
Grantman
None of my acquaintances fly and I've never been into fascist regimes (clubs), so I'ma do my best to keep this one intact whilst solo. I don't buy planes just to look at them, but I do have trouble flying them for some reason. My Funcub is four years old, flown it 5 times, took two years to maiden. Two year-old TH Revo P3 - flown once. Beat on my Crack Turbo Beaver and Puddlestar pretty regularly ,but the PS is three and only seeing action this year. No problems abusing my DIYs though, which is funny to me as I have way more time in them, and I value that over money.

I am a strange fellow.
Quote 2 0
Wildthing
Quote:
None of my acquaintances fly and I've never been into fascist regimes (clubs), so I'ma do my best to keep this one intact whilst solo. I don't buy planes just to look at them, but I do have trouble flying them for some reason. My Funcub is four years old, flown it 5 times, took two years to maiden. Two year-old TH Revo P3 - flown once. Beat on my Crack Turbo Beaver and Puddlestar pretty regularly ,but the PS is three and only seeing action this year. No problems abusing my DIYs though, which is funny to me as I have way more time in them, and I value that over money.

I am a strange fellow.

Keep building the foamies and building the skills up
Quote 2 0
bogusbandit56
Quote:
If my pilot skillz were for for purchase you'd have to look somewhere like "Dollar-store discount shelf" to buy them
I have no illusions about how well I fly, I've been debating copying this plane in EPP for practice sessions.

You do yourself down m8, far better than dollar store skills
Wot, no Depron?
Quote 3 0
Grantman
Mebbe, been getting pretty good at "missing the ground". Funcub just survived her 6th flight, tho it took two tries to get airborne. Taxiing for takeoff, swerve to dodge a turd left by some diligent pet-owner and hit a stick. Stick jumps up and busts my prop Good flight after that
Quote 2 0