Boxermad84
FRCFoamies F15 MK2


orange_buynow (1).png  F-15 MK2 1 (1).JPG  F-15 MK2 1 (2).JPG  F-15 MK2 1 (3).JPG  F-15 MK2 1 (4).JPG  F-15 MK2 1 (5).JPG 


Well after great success with our first F-15 design (got to number 2 on parkjets) Greg and i have decided to give the F-15 the MK2 treatment! The SU-37 MK2 is the perfect size for a small power setup right up to the amazing NTM 2700kv motor. With a 26" wingspan it give's a wide option of power setups, easy to transport and still have a 3d fuselage to hide all your electronics. So not making a F-15 MK2 would be a silly thing to do!
So far we are very happy with the changes we have made, its slightly longer than the original but keeping the same 26" wingspan. The engine nacelles have been made to look more scale along with the canopy and general fuselage. Here are a few pictures of the sketchup prototype and me and Greg will be building the first prototype together when i arrive in the USA next month. Hope you all like the modifications we have made!

lengh 40"
width 26"
weight 16oz - 20oz (still to be confirmed)

F-15 MK2 1 (1).JPG F-15 MK2 1 (2).JPG F-15 MK2 1 (3).JPG F-15 MK2 1 (4).JPG F-15 MK2 1 (5).JPG 
YOUTUBE:-   https://www.youtube.com/user/jayrothwell

WEBSITE:-  https://www.frcfoamies.com
Quote 10 0
e3_Scott
Quote:
Well after great success with our first F-15 design (got to number 2 on parkjets) Greg and i have decided to give the F-15 the MK2 treatment! The SU-37 MK2 is the perfect size for a small power setup right up to the amazing NTM 2700kv motor. With a 26" wingspan it give's a wide option of power setups, easy to transport and still have a 3d fuselage to hide all your electronics. So not making a F-15 MK2 would be a silly thing to do!
So far we are very happy with the changes we have made, its slightly longer than the original but keeping the same 26" wingspan. The engine nacelles have been made to look more scale along with the canopy and general fuselage. Here are a few pictures of the sketchup prototype and me and Greg will be building the first prototype together when i arrive in the USA next month. Hope you all like the modifications we have made!

lengh 40"
width 26"
weight 16oz - 20oz (still to be confirmed)



Awesome! Good thing I just pulled the trigger on another box of depron...I can see the fall and winter will be an even busier build season this year...

Great job, Jay and Greg.

Cheers,

Scott
Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎
#ParkJetnoise #ParkJetpilot
Quote 1 0
Boxermad84
Thanks Scott! glad you like it, im really happy with the way its going.
Quote 0 0
e3_Scott
Quote:
Thanks Scott! glad you like it, im really happy with the way its going.



Awesome, will the plans be including the Kf airfoil templates also?

Cheers,

Scott
Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎
#ParkJetnoise #ParkJetpilot
Quote 0 0
Boxermad84
yes they will and the extra bit on top for nacelle detail.
Quote 1 0
F1wanabe
My contribution to this design was the green canopy, haha! Really a nice piece of work, Jay. The MK2 treatments really do the trick. Gives a builder 2 options: MK1: Easy build hat still looks ans flies great, or MK2: a more scale build that looks and flies even better! Can't wait to start building when you arrive!
Quote 1 0
gm3
drooling(computer sparking)
aaaaaannnnnd there's the tree
Quote 1 0
ASD
yes very good looking but I think the side view of the fuse looks a little fat. maybe it just me but I think it should have a skinnyer look
Cuz tooling around is just not my style of flying. Full stick and full travel control surfaces.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DollarTreeFlyer/videos
Quote 0 0
F1wanabe
Quote:
yes very good looking but I think the side view of the fuse looks a little fat. maybe it just me but I think it should have a skinnyer look

Blah blah blah... There's always a critic in the bunch! Btw, the elevons are in the scale position like you asked for on the mk 1. Did you ever build the mk 1? You are not allowed to criticize until you build it BJ!
Truth be told, I didn't even contribute the canopy color.

http://www.youtube.com/gstrysky
http://www.frcfoamies.com
Quote 0 0
ASD
by mk1 do you mean the original version of this f-15? and I didnt mean it was bad just the drawing looks too fat. Greg you and I both know that each jet looks different once built... As for the Critic. yes I can and have worked on F15 for over 4 yrs so this one is MY bird
Cuz tooling around is just not my style of flying. Full stick and full travel control surfaces.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DollarTreeFlyer/videos
Quote 1 0
Boxermad84
Trouble is, when you make the fuselage thinner the canopy ends up being smaller etc, etc. It's just big enough now to fit all your electronics in without it being cramped or blocking air flow.

http://www.frcfoamies.com

http://www.facebook.com/frcfoamies

http://www.youtube.com/jayrothwell
Quote 2 0
Airflow
Quote:
yes very good looking but I think the side view of the fuse looks a little fat. maybe it just me but I think it should have a skinnyer look

Hey! AsSoulsDream. Why not make the fuselage thinner with 3mm Depron and wrapping paper It Makes the plane stronger and you will keep the same weight as 6mm depron with some paint on.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AirflowFirst
"The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money..." Margaret Thatcher
"and always look on the bright side of life...o_O"
Quote 1 0
F1wanabe
Quote:
by mk1 do you mean the original version of this f-15? and I didnt mean it was bad just the drawing looks too fat. Greg you and I both know that each jet looks different once built... As for the Critic. yes I can and have worked on F15 for over 4 yrs so this one is MY bird

uploadfromtaptalk1371571975435.jpg 
That must have been a great experience. We'll have this at the fly in for your inspection!
http://www.youtube.com/gstrysky
http://www.frcfoamies.com
Quote 2 0
ASD
O and I can promise you I will build this smaller one. I never built the bigger one do to not being able to fit it in my truck. I agree with the 3mm and paper thing and I'm sure it will look great Jay. All I meant was the side view pic made it look Fat. Sorry if anyone took it as I didnt like it. It looks great and Just because its a FRC Foamies plane we all know it will be F-ing awesome
Cuz tooling around is just not my style of flying. Full stick and full travel control surfaces.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DollarTreeFlyer/videos
Quote 1 0
Boxermad84
This is the same wingspan as the original but a few inches longer, bj. 26" wingspan is golden!

http://www.frcfoamies.com

http://www.facebook.com/frcfoamies

http://www.youtube.com/jayrothwell
Quote 0 0