RCPowers Show full post »
JTiger
I have the plans for the v5, but I really don't have any time right now. I have so many plans but no time ðŸ˜­
Quote 2 0
F1wanabe
unclejamal wrote:



i really like this paint scheme.

The LE slats work great on this plane as well. Nothing wrong with KF2 or KF4 but as you said, I like the amount of lift you get from LE SLats without added weight or drag from wing stiffness.  I do like KF airfoild for the stiffness and durability they add though! The CAnards are not close coupled canards like those on the SU planes. The SU's canards are actually called LEVCON (Leading Edge Vorteces Controllers) which move to generate ariflow over the wing root on those deep delta wings. I like activating them like on my SU34v4. On the Eurofighter, they are more for trimming for level flight than LEVCON because they are so far away from the wing root. So, I would not bother. Love the EF v5!!! BTW, here's a Thread I posted many years ago about canards as we as video or 2 on active canards I did...
https://www.rcpowers.com/post/to-canard-or-not-to-canard-that-is-the-question-10015709?pid=1307329763&highlight=canard

Quote 2 0
F1wanabe
One thing I would like to add is that the Eurfighter has gotten a wing upgrade in order to make the canat=rds close coupled or LEVCON like in recent years! They moved the delta wing root forward to enable the canards so do what they do on an SU plane. This would be worth exploring....
https://sofrep.com/fightersweep/eurofighter-typhoon-gets-upgrade/
Quote 1 0
JTiger
Neat, I hadn't heard about that before. When was that F1?
Quote 2 0
F1wanabe
They were first doing it in 2015 and I do not know the details.  I would imagine they are not too forthcoming  about those details!
Quote 1 0
SukhoiLover
Secret Sallys. Think they'd throw us a bone . . .  I'm sure we could all keep a secret for them.   ðŸ™ˆ  ðŸ™‰  ðŸ™Š
Quote 2 0
Anup mokashi
Hello rcpowers and rc lovers 

I special request all of you 

I want to buy v5 plan for only eurrofeuro v5 but I can't pay payment on pay pal

I do not have international bank card

I'm a handicap boy can you please please please please please donate me only eurofigher v5 plan ? 

If yes, so please send me plan on my Gmail account - anup.mokashi1@gmail.com


Thank you so much.
Quote 0 2
unclejamal


Hi,
anyone actually made a 2S version, or one with a bigger prop (7" on 3S)? if yes, can you please point me out to the post of it (have gone trough most of all thread pages, but haven't seen this mod).
the prop slot is only 6,3" width and you have to modify the fuselage to accomodate it. i personally would to the modifications during the build and not afterwards.
As Greg pointed out in his video, he first wanted to go for a 7x3.8 slow-fly-prop on a 2S with the MJv3 motor.
Why do i want to have a bigger prop? --> due to noise abatement reasons when on 3S/2200kv/6x4prop 😉
Quote 3 0
F1wanabe
unclejamal wrote:


Hi,
anyone actually made a 2S version, or one with a bigger prop (7" on 3S)? if yes, can you please point me out to the post of it (have gone trough most of all thread pages, but haven't seen this mod).
the prop slot is only 6,3" width and you have to modify the fuselage to accomodate it. i personally would to the modifications during the build and not afterwards.
As Greg pointed out in his video, he first wanted to go for a 7x3.8 slow-fly-prop on a 2S with the MJv3 motor.
Why do i want to have a bigger prop? --> due to noise abatement reasons when on 3S/2200kv/6x4prop 😉

That's a great reason to do it! I use the MJv3 with 7x3.8  SFP on 2S on the SU30v4 and in this video, I start on 3s/ 6x4 and switch to 2s/ 7x3.8 at 5 min. Speed is really good and so much quieter! Prop slots have plenty of room on the v5's for a 7 inch prop.
Quote 2 0
unclejamal
F1wanabe wrote:

That's a great reason to do it! I use the MJv3 with 7x3.8  SFP on 2S on the SU30v4 and in this video, I start on 3s/ 6x4 and switch to 2s/ 7x3.8 at 5 min. Speed is really good and so much quieter! Prop slots have plenty of room on the v5's for a 7 inch prop.

thanks for the constructive answer. i don't know the other V5's, but as written in my previous post, the prop slot width is about 6.3" on the Eurofighter, so i can not agree on this one.

oh, and is your 7x3.8 SFP on your SU30v4 the same prop as you have on the SBACH?
Quote 1 0
unclejamal

i have now printed out the plans (100% scale). i measured the propslot has a width of 6,22". Meaning that the clearance of the prop end to the wing/fuselage is just 0,11". That's pretty less... 😮

 

Quote 1 0
unclejamal
unclejamal wrote:

i have now printed out the plans (100% scale). i measured the propslot has a width of 6,22". Meaning that the clearance of the prop end to the wing/fuselage is just 0,11". That's pretty less... 😮



anyone can confirm this?
thanks
Quote 1 0
djdazzy
unclejamal wrote:


anyone can confirm this?
thanks

Yes, correct. The vertical fuze will get in the way unless you partially slot it because the fuze is only slightly wider than the 6 inch prop.
Crashing since 2013.
Quote 1 0
unclejamal
Boxermad84 wrote:
So, these work well! Leading edge flaps definitely help out in slow speed handling, even got a few seconds hovering it! I also sanded all leading edges to clean up the airframe.

Boxermad84 wrote:


uploadfromtaptalk1476376947850.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1476376972663.jpg 

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk


also want to make the LE slats instead of the KF2 airfoil. Do you remember the size of the LE slats? acc. to your photos i estimated them to be about 2" in width at the front, and about 1" at the back. what was the angle of the slats? 20°
thanks
Quote 2 0
Sidewayskiwi
unclejamal wrote:


also want to make the LE slats instead of the KF2 airfoil. Do you remember the size of the LE slats? acc. to your photos i estimated them to be about 2" in width at the front, and about 1" at the back. what was the angle of the slats? 20°
thanks

From memory 20-25° and make missile rails for support and angle of leading edge 
As a guide the top of the flap is at the bottom surface of wing (6mm of down angle) 
Did on my last F18 V3 flies fine 
Quote 3 0