After a bit more thinking and deciding that a swappable system might work I set about throwing it together this morning.
Tail I've done using 1/16th balsa as reading up on various sites that seems to be a popular choice and I'd got some hanging around.
So, using the square carbon boom I printed some adaptors that slide down the boom and I have a servo screw holding it in position.
Both tail pieces came out nice and light though which is a bonus.
After some stunning work done on this thread I found (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1999696-Dollar-foam-DLG
) and more specifically the last few pages I decided to have a go with some foamboard wings. The nearest we get to dollar tree foam over here is slightly heavier but essentially the same stuff, just more like $6 a sheet!
So, armed with some of that stuff I knocked the wings up as I normally would, but I decided to try a KF2 airfoil which I laid down some 5mm hobby king foam for. There's been some test work with the KF airfoils on DLG's and they seem to work well enough so it was worth it for a bit of fun.
The wings use a dihedral brace that supports the wing halves and there's a healthy dollop of hot glue in the centre. Single strip of flat carbon on each wing and and some rather bright tape on the leading edge as it's hard to sand the paper covered foam board it seems and it evens it up a bit.
I've used the same servo's as before but gone for a smaller nose pod this time but even so it still seems to have come out rather tail heavy so I've had to use the 2S 850mah battery again shoved into the nose.
AUW has come to about 345g so not as light as I wanted, but it will do for test purposes at least.
Will also be building a flat depron wing and I'm going to try a folded wing too out of depron to see if I can bring the weight down a bit more. Great thing about the swappable concept is I just unscrew one, pop it off, pop the new one on and screw it back down again. So for testing different wings etc it's ideal.
Now we play the "waiting on work and weather" game for testing it again...