solentlife
Having now built the FRC Mosquito ... when you look at the overall model - its not so far from a DC3 ... 

With the Mossie given a fatter nose and nacelles than 'scale' ... they can be readily altered to be DC3 style.

Trim the tail bits .... mmmmm ideas !! 
I'll fly anything if I can launch it ! Youtube : solentlifeuk
Quote 0 0
Boxermad84
solentlife wrote:
Having now built the FRC Mosquito ... when you look at the overall model - its not so far from a DC3 ... 

With the Mossie given a fatter nose and nacelles than 'scale' ... they can be readily altered to be DC3 style.

Trim the tail bits .... mmmmm ideas !! 


Wow, now that would be something! I have a dc3 in kit from hobbyking sat in the box  still need to start that! 
Quote 0 0
solentlife
I was looking at my Mossie while taking the photos and when I did the side on ... it struck me how much alike the DC3 it was. Shorten nacelles, cut into nose to create cockpit windows, remove the Mossie cockpit ... trim the tail end ... 

[FRC%20Mossie%20RTG%2024%20Jan%202019%204_zpsofq2lyjf]

Nigel
I'll fly anything if I can launch it ! Youtube : solentlifeuk
Quote 1 0
f1wanabe
Great idea  solentlife UK! 
Quote 0 0
solentlife
t present I am still without workshop ... but once I am in there - not only will I be picking up again on my Chris Golds Lancaster AND the FRC Lancaster ... but will see about drafting out the DC3 ... 
I'll fly anything if I can launch it ! Youtube : solentlifeuk
Quote 1 0
bogusbandit56
solentlife wrote:
I was looking at my Mossie while taking the photos and when I did the side on ... it struck me how much alike the DC3 it was. Shorten nacelles, cut into nose to create cockpit windows, remove the Mossie cockpit ... trim the tail end ... 

[FRC%20Mossie%20RTG%2024%20Jan%202019%204_zpsofq2lyjf]

Nigel
solentlife wrote:
t present I am still without workshop ... but once I am in there - not only will I be picking up again on my Chris Golds Lancaster AND the FRC Lancaster ... but will see about drafting out the DC3 ... 
Wot, no Depron?
Quote 2 0