Nightswatch
little hard to turn over so its stripped apart and being cleaned up anyone else here ever play with Cox Engines ??IMG8713.jpg  IMG8714.jpg  IMG8717.jpg 
If you think you got your flying under control, Your not going fast enough
Quote 1 0
FED50H
Just watched a video on that exact motor last week. Very cool. I'm just starting to get interested in fuel planes. That motor is a gem.
Quote 2 0
Nakul
Just this morning a senior member at our field maidened his cox high wing plane, little engine that one super light balsa build and glides forever, we had big smiles to see it fly.
Quote 3 0
Nightswatch
that motor in picture has got to be like 35 years old brought back some memories seeing it in a box now to get some glow fuel and see if she starts
If you think you got your flying under control, Your not going fast enough
Quote 2 0
Nakul
Whatt, motor is 5 years older than me haha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote 3 0
whatmovesyou
Very familiar with the Cox TD 0-49.

We use to compete in pylon race with them in the 70's. Used 35 % nitro for the races. Drilled out the pressure fitting to provide positive fuel flow in the tight turns. After each event, disassembled the engines to reset the ball joint using a rig where you tap it with a hammer. If done right and you got it right, you could get an extra 500 to 600 RPM's. Screw it up and you ended up using the engine in practice runs.

Still have a brand new unit in the cellar to run sometime.
I like to design and fly unique planes.
Quote 3 0
whatmovesyou
Quote:
Just watched a video on that exact motor last week. Very cool. I'm just starting to get interested in fuel planes. That motor is a gem.


If you are going larger, take a look at the gasoline engines rather than the nitro methane. A gallon of nitro runs about $30--$35 and you get about maybe 25 runs. If gas powered, it only cost about $4 for the same amount of runs. Much cleaner and a good brand is OS.
I like to design and fly unique planes.
Quote 1 0
FED50H
Quote:
If you are going larger, take a look at the gasoline engines rather than the nitro methane. A gallon of nitro runs about $30--$35 and you get about maybe 25 runs. If gas powered, it only cost about $4 for the same amount of runs. Much cleaner and a good brand is OS.

Thanks. That is what I've been told. Tons of guys are trying to unload their old unwanted planes...apparently acquiring nitro planes is very similar to acquiring Foamies....the decision is whether to jump on a super deal with nitro to get familiar with full vs electric...take a super sweet nitro deal and immediately covert it to gas....or just go gas immediately....
Quote 2 0
Wildthing
Quote:
Thanks. That is what I've been told. Tons of guys are trying to unload their old unwanted planes...apparently acquiring nitro planes is very similar to acquiring Foamies....the decision is whether to jump on a super deal with nitro to get familiar with full vs electric...take a super sweet nitro deal and immediately covert it to gas....or just go gas immediately....

Watch for some auctions or club sales, some of our members have bought a ton of planes and parts for pennies on the dollar.
Quote 2 0
Nightswatch
Low n behold another Motor found brand new in box today at parents place didn't even know i had now i am startin to think maybe it was my older brothers. finders keepers i guess KB.jpg  KB motor.jpg 
If you think you got your flying under control, Your not going fast enough
Quote 3 0
TomMonton
wow..... another good find.

It looks pristine even.
Fly like your mad at it.
Quote 1 0
Nightswatch
Quote:
wow..... another good find.

It looks pristine even.

its brand new never used dads on his last legs and on borrowed time i was nominated to help clean up the garage that is one nest of a mess
you walk in there its all one big booby trap haha things hanging from rafter i do not know half of what he made out of tin cans haha Got my work cut out for me that's' for sure
If you think you got your flying under control, Your not going fast enough
Quote 1 0
whatmovesyou
You do have an old KB. That has to be made probably in the late 60's or early 1970's. What is interesting is you have control of the exhaust port before they added the muffler. Very noisy without the muffler. My son and I were sponsored by KB when we raced pylons. It is an excellent motor.
I like to design and fly unique planes.
Quote 1 0
Nightswatch
Quote:
You do have an old KB. That has to be made probably in the late 60's or early 1970's. What is interesting is you have control of the exhaust port before they added the muffler. Very noisy without the muffler. My son and I were sponsored by KB when we raced pylons. It is an excellent motor.

Thanks its pretty cool looking the box also has 2 wooden props and a muffler in it pretty stoked in finding this gem look at the price that was written down 72 bucks haha wonder what its worth today being a relic maybe needs to be in a RC museum
If you think you got your flying under control, Your not going fast enough
Quote 1 0
csitas
Being a KB ,they were popular. There are a lot of them laying around yet. You used to be able to get bargins like this on E bay. No more. You'd be better off buying new from a factory. You'll be paying the same price but , with the factory ,you get a warranty. Not so on E bay.
Quote 1 0