bogusbandit56 Show full post »
bogusbandit56
Quote:
My strop arrived last night so will be giving it a go soon as I have some depron to be cutting in a few days.
Sounds like it could well be the perfect solution to saving all the excess knife blade usage as I've never known anything dull a blade like depron does.
Obviously if we all get on board the strop train the blade manufacturers will be going out of business as their sales will go through the floor

Did you know that strops have been banned in public use like hairdressers and barbers because of the potential transfer of deseases and bacteria?
So give a strop a life on your workbench
Wot, no Depron?
Quote 4 0
Sterling101
Quote:
Did you know that strops have been banned in public use like hairdressers and barbers because of the potential transfer of deseases and bacteria?
So give a strop a life on your workbench

I can see the TV ads now...

Just give £2 a month to find a happy, caring home for a strop.
Whoever said nothing is impossible had obviously never tried slamming a revolving door...
Quote 3 0
bogusbandit56
Quote:
I can see the TV ads now...

Just give £2 a month to find a happy, caring home for a strop.

Have you tried putting an old blade in and making use of your new acquisition. You will spend the evening kicking yourself and calling me names for not telling you before you bought 200 blades.
Wot, no Depron?
Quote 2 0
Sterling101
Quote:
Have you tried putting an old blade in and making use of your new acquisition. You will spend the evening kicking yourself and calling me names for not telling you bought 200 blades.

I'll give it a go tomorrow - I've got a plastic container with about 600 blunt blades in it...
Whoever said nothing is impossible had obviously never tried slamming a revolving door...
Quote 2 0
Wildthing
I ordered one, it better work or I will strop you up the side of the head.
Quote 3 0
bogusbandit56
Quote:
I ordered one, it better work or I will strop you up the side of the head.

I don`t think they work in Canada,,,, probably due to the cold or something like that
Wot, no Depron?
Quote 2 0
solentlife
Well after reading anothers advice to look at Swann Morton ... I was surprised ... No 3 handle was 5 euros incl shipping ... packet of no.6 blades (10) was another 4 euros .... so about 9 euros total ... should be on my bench soon.
I'll fly anything if I can launch it ! Youtube : solentlifeuk
Quote 1 0
bogusbandit56
solentlife wrote:
Well after reading anothers advice to look at Swann Morton ... I was surprised ... No 3 handle was 5 euros incl shipping ... packet of no.6 blades (10) was another 4 euros .... so about 9 euros total ... should be on my bench soon.

Hi Nigel,
I was surprised at how cheap they are. All you need now is the strop and you`ll be set up for a long time.🙂
Wot, no Depron?
Quote 1 0
lysle42
See there you go again, taking the time to help others, keep it up.  Smith sticks work great too.
Homer
<'(((><
Quote 1 0
solentlife
I have them now and will be using them soon when my Twin cargo Plane gets started.

Cheers
I'll fly anything if I can launch it ! Youtube : solentlifeuk
Quote 1 0