TomMonton Show full post »
jimbosflyin
Quote:
Wow ... it was last February since posting last on this.

Yes, I did seriously drag my feet on finishing the new and improved cargo plane and I apologize for that but !! ...

I did spray a first coat on the carriage this afternoon. The color is "Tuscan Red".

Looks good Tom,I used the Tuscan Red before and it came out looking more pink on the plane white foam compared to what was in the bottle.Primer would probably do the trick if the weight doesn't matter.I know.to late now.
Parkflyers International 
Quote 2 0
bogusbandit56
Quote:
That looks really sweat Tom

Do you mean sweet?
Hi Tom, Pink can be a real mare to see in the late afternoon and early morning.
It was suggested by Mountbatten in WW2 that the British navy paint their warships pink as camouflage.
Pink was also used as camo on recon Spitfires. Just saying
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountbatten_pink
Wot, no Depron?
Quote 2 0
jimbosflyin
Quote:
Do you mean sweet?
Hi Tom, Pink can be a real mare to see in the late afternoon and early morning.
It was suggested by Mountbatten in WW2 that the British navy paint their warships pink as camouflage.
Pink was also used as camo on recon Spitfires. Just saying
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountbatten_pink
You should have been a history teacher Ian.
Parkflyers International 
Quote 2 0
bogusbandit56
Quote:
You should have been a history teacher Ian.

Thanks Jim, I wish all this knowledge could be put to some good use for myself
Wot, no Depron?
Quote 2 0
Wildthing
Quote:
Do you mean sweet?
Hi Tom, Pink can be a real mare to see in the late afternoon and early morning.
It was suggested by Mountbatten in WW2 that the British navy paint their warships pink as camouflage.
Pink was also used as camo on recon Spitfires. Just saying
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountbatten_pink

What are you talking about.
Quote 0 0
TomMonton
.... yeah I've been dragging this one along a little too far maybe? It was rainy yuck weather outside and I had the day off work.

So I painted. I have the base coat stuck down finally and I can start to accessorize going forward.
Fly like your mad at it.
Quote 6 0
homey666
Quote:
.... yeah I've been dragging this one along a little too far maybe? It was rainy yuck weather outside and I had the day off work.

So I painted. I have the base coat stuck down finally and I can start to accessorize going forward.

You have a trademark paint scheme. Love it. I know it's yours before looking at your name. So good, Tom!

Peter
YouTube Channel

flower666able
Quote 4 0
TomMonton
Trade mark paint scheme ....

It would make me sound, oh too predictable ? Your right though, I need to find another angle of approach when painting these.

Thank you for the compliment.
Fly like your mad at it.
Quote 4 0
TomMonton
... and finished

Seal coated, standing back up on her wheels and looking snotty as ever.

I added some wheel pants too. I had widened the wheel base significantly from the plan default and.... It just looked half dressed without them.

The KkQuinea is ready to go out and find some big air to play with. It is real pretty to look at with that crazy red color. Makes it easier track LOS.
Fly like your mad at it.
Quote 4 0
homey666
Quote:
... and finished

Seal coated, standing back up on her wheels and looking snotty as ever.

I added some wheel pants too. I had widened the wheel base significantly from the plan default and.... It just looked half dressed without them.

The KkQuinea is ready to go out and find some big air to play with. It is real pretty to look at with that crazy red color. Makes it easier track LOS.

That's a fine looking plane right there!

Peter
YouTube Channel

flower666able
Quote 4 0
KK
Quote:
... and finished

Seal coated, standing back up on her wheels and looking snotty as ever.

I added some wheel pants too. I had widened the wheel base significantly from the plan default and.... It just looked half dressed without them.

The KkQuinea is ready to go out and find some big air to play with. It is real pretty to look at with that crazy red color. Makes it easier track LOS.


Love it! Really nice job on it. [Extended] Wheel pants look good too and those 3D window glasses - nice touch!
Quote 2 0
Wildthing
Quote:
... and finished

Seal coated, standing back up on her wheels and looking snotty as ever.

I added some wheel pants too. I had widened the wheel base significantly from the plan default and.... It just looked half dressed without them.

The KkQuinea is ready to go out and find some big air to play with. It is real pretty to look at with that crazy red color. Makes it easier track LOS.

Looks awesome Tom.
Quote 2 0