Bobfrog
The latest from the Frog shop. Having never built or flown an EDF I thought the Alphajet would be the perfect platform. 64mmEDF from Banggood (very cheap) but with enough power to handle this plane. I am very anxious to try it out tomorrow, weather permitting. I will try and get a maiden video and post later. 9DB370E9-2CE0-4BC9-B58B-7AFA3625C644.jpeg  9EEF23AF-C8CD-435A-9CE8-B255E9242D22.jpeg  5EE8DAB3-048D-45B6-97D8-61D1C0EBB9AA.jpeg  B2B3F212-E08F-4A9D-B84C-2D29ADB53355.jpeg 
Take offs are optional, landings are not.
Quote 12 0
homey666
Quote:
The latest from the Frog shop. Having never built or flown an EDF I thought the Alphajet would be the perfect platform. 64mmEDF from Banggood (very cheap) but with enough power to handle this plane. I am very anxious to try it out tomorrow, weather permitting. I will try and get a maiden video and post later. [ATTACH=full]54993[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]54994[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]54995[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]54996[/ATTACH]

That paint scheme is the perfect look for this. Well done!

Peter
YouTube Channel

flower666able
Quote 4 0
scott0910
Good luck with your maiden flight.
Quote 3 0
F1wanabe
Quote:
The latest from the Frog shop. Having never built or flown an EDF I thought the Alphajet would be the perfect platform. 64mmEDF from Banggood (very cheap) but with enough power to handle this plane. I am very anxious to try it out tomorrow, weather permitting. I will try and get a maiden video and post later. [ATTACH=full]54993[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]54994[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]54995[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]54996[/ATTACH]

Wow, looks great Bobfrog!! The missing prop slot really makes the alpha jet look like something out of scifi, doesn't it? Good luck with the flight!
Quote 2 0
TomMonton
I love the paint job ... very nice
.... and you're right. Without the prop slots on there it looks more completed or something.

Beautiful.
Fly like your mad at it.
Quote 0 0
Bobfrog
Here is the video from the maiden flight. A qualified success. Initial launch could have been better but after a brief touch and go it flew reasonably well. It was then noticed that the left top wing plate separated from the lower wing (build problem, not design and probaly due to the touch and go) so I brought it in and landed it easily. I realized it was a little nose heavy and added some weight to the tail. On the subsequent launch my helper gave it a really hard hard discus launch that flipped it over and it crashed causing some damage (easily repairable). He thought he was helping me out by giving it a harder launch but I don't think it was necessary.
All in all I think it will turn out to be a great flyer with a little trim and the change in the CG.
Fun plane. More videos when I get it fixed and back in the air.

Take offs are optional, landings are not.
Quote 7 0
F1wanabe
Looks good Bobfrog! Good amount of thrust and you brought it back in one piece after the skip in the beginning! Not too many ALpha Jet edfs out there so we don't have too much set up info other than you should have plenty of room to move battery back for cg as opposed to adding more weight to the back.The lower the wing loading the better with the alpha jet. Fed50 put large zip ties on the bottom of his as landing gear. Since you've got that paved area there it might be fun to try. Thanks for experimenting with our plane- very nice!
Quote 3 0
Bobfrog
Thanks for the kind words. I am convinced it will fly well after a little repair. I have the battery about as far backward as I can and not obstruct the airflow to the fan. I mounted the edf on the CG line, should have backed it up a bit more.
Take offs are optional, landings are not.
Quote 2 0
Wildthing
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. I am convinced it will fly well after a little repair. I have the battery about as far backward as I can and not obstruct the airflow to the fan. I mounted the edf on the CG line, should have backed it up a bit more.

Looks great. It took me a few thumps to find the right balance, but once you do it does fly nice.
Quote 1 0
FED50H
Quote:
Looks good Bobfrog! Good amount of thrust and you brought it back in one piece after the skip in the beginning! Not too many ALpha Jet edfs out there so we don't have too much set up info other than you should have plenty of room to move battery back for cg as opposed to adding more weight to the back.The lower the wing loading the better with the alpha jet. Fed50 put large zip ties on the bottom of his as landing gear. Since you've got that paved area there it might be fun to try. Thanks for experimenting with our plane- very nice!

Quote 2 0
Bobfrog
Fed50H

That look so cool. I might have to try that myself. Do you have a picture of how you put on the zip ties?
Take offs are optional, landings are not.
Quote 1 0
FED50H
Here is the thread....

https://www.rcpowers.com/community/threads/very-cool-the-zip-tie-landing-gear-install-instructions.16534/
Quote 1 0