Sterling101 Show full post »
Nightswatch
haha love it well done Sterling
If you think you got your flying under control, Your not going fast enough
Quote 2 0
whatmovesyou
Now, you know why I put landing gear on a number of planes. The touch and go routine is a lot of fun. Before you know it, you will be landing right next to you.
I like to design and fly unique planes.
Quote 1 0
Sterling101
Quote:
Now, you know why I put landing gear on a number of planes. The touch and go routine is a lot of fun. Before you know it, you will be landing right next to you.

Just need slightly calmer conditions to be able to bring it in a little more easily rather than it trying to blow it back up into the air!

That's the down side of building light...
Whoever said nothing is impossible had obviously never tried slamming a revolving door...
Quote 1 0
whatmovesyou
Quote:
Just need slightly calmer conditions to be able to bring it in a little more easily rather than it trying to blow it back up into the air!

That's the down side of building light...


Any more testing on the landing gear?
I like to design and fly unique planes.
Quote 0 0
Sterling101
Quote:
Any more testing on the landing gear?

Sadly not. Work and weather getting in the way and worse weather coming for the weekend too.

Still, gives me plenty of build time...
Whoever said nothing is impossible had obviously never tried slamming a revolving door...
Quote 1 0
Sterling101
Managed a test of the steerable nose wheel set up on the SU today despite it being rather windy.

Definitely works very well but sadly it was definitely too windy for such a light plane today. Found that out on landing when I touched down slightly cross wind and it flipped it over onto it's lid.
No damage done though and another successful test of the under carriage.



Currently redesigning the ones I used on the Gee Bee though - you could say that 1230g touching down a little too rough didn't agree with the design....
Whoever said nothing is impossible had obviously never tried slamming a revolving door...
Quote 2 0
bogusbandit56
Quote:
Managed a test of the steerable nose wheel set up on the SU today despite it being rather windy.

Definitely works very well but sadly it was definitely too windy for such a light plane today. Found that out on landing when I touched down slightly cross wind and it flipped it over onto it's lid.
No damage done though and another successful test of the under carriage.



Currently redesigning the ones I used on the Gee Bee though - you could say that 1230g touching down a little too rough didn't agree with the design....

I think you ought to approach the committee to get the runway repaired so you don`t end up having to put landing gear on top of your plane.
Wot, no Depron?
Quote 2 0
Sterling101
Quote:
I think you ought to approach the committee to get the runway repaired so you don`t end up having to put landing gear on top of your plane.

Just a spot windy caused that - although a roll cage probably wouldn't go amiss!
Whoever said nothing is impossible had obviously never tried slamming a revolving door...
Quote 2 0
Sterling101
Tried a quick test on the grass strip tonight and other than the camera being in the wrong bloody place again so you miss the take off it did well again,
The downside tonight was the strip has literally just been cut and it was wet over night so there were ruts of thick cut grass all around but I figured it was worth a test at least.

Take off took a bit of time from the resistance caused by the clumps of grass but once it got airborne it was happy enough despite there being some odd wind shear going on.
Landing was good though and came in nice and steadily with no drama at all and rolled to a quick stop.
I did try and taxi it back to me but it just dug in and wedged itself into a rut.

Actually did a second flight after this one but I managed to fluff the landing a bit so the drag on landing was a bit much and it stopped dead and pulled one of the mounts off on the rear wheels.
Quick bit of hot glue and it's good as new though already.

Whoever said nothing is impossible had obviously never tried slamming a revolving door...
Quote 1 0