Turnigy 9x programing

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by ASD, Apr 7, 2012.

1. I got the video up. I had a couple requests to make a video of how I programmed it to do elevons, 4x4, and spoilerons.. so here it is......EDIT.... Sorry I just had DUZZARD point out to me that in the video (MIX 4) is INH and its supposed to be ACT....sorry and I am in the process of fixing it right now. I will repost this video with the fix ASAP.... Thank you DUZZARD!

Maestro NL likes this.
  2. ShadowRyder

ShadowRyder Cadet

Of course Im going to be the first one with a question :p. When I go to activate the elevons it gives me a message saying "Other wing mix "on" ". What do I do?

Thanks for the video

3. ShadowRyder

ShadowRyder Cadet

Never mind got that problem fixed. I reset everything to factory. the only problem I have now is The servo thats plugged into the rudder channel wont move in the 4x4 setup.

4. duzzard

duzzard Cadet

my only problem is that when its just when elevons are going the rudder moves the servo in plug 4(is there anyway to remove it because i keep knocking it?), then when i put into 4x4 the same servo doesn't move up or down but will still move when i move the rudder? but the servo on the other side in 6 moves fine the whole time, weather its 4x4 or just elevons?

And great vid i hate programming the remote and have no idea what I'm doing this helped very much!

5. duzzard

duzzard Cadet

don't worry about ^^ that comment i had to play with the remote for a while but i have been able to wire it all up perfect! i was very surprised because I've never done anything like this before but it works and it works good! if you need any help let us no!

6. duzzard

duzzard Cadet

i had the same thing but i changed it from a rudder ch to an aux. but i had to change the mix 4 to act instead of inh and now it works alright hope it works for you to! (try it with the rudder ch first saves a lot of mucking around!)

ASD likes this.
  7. sorry about that mix 4 is supposed to be active. I was messing around with it and forgot to turn it back on before I made the video. I will have to go back and change it

8. sorry about that mix 4 is supposed to be active. I was messing around with it and forgot to turn it back on before I made the video. I will have to go back and change it

duzzard likes this.
  9. Maestro

Maestro Ace Pilot

Hi assouls!!

I have programmed my x9 just like in the video.. Now when I give elevator and aelerons are swapped.

Is that the mistake in mix 4?

As I have no clue what i just programmed any assistance or explanation on what's what and why would be really welcome!!

So far you have the best video showing the normal firmware!?

I never make the same mistake twice. I make it 5 or 6 times, just to be sure.

10. yes just make it active or ACT in stead of INH

Maestro NL likes this.
  11. Maestro

Maestro Ace Pilot

I will put my kids in bed in a minute and then try that!!

Thanx!!

12. Maestro

Maestro Ace Pilot

Mmm.. Do not know what that did but as far as I can tell nothing changed..

It appears as elevator and aelerons are switched only for the rear servo's!

The aelerons act normal on the switch mode.

13. Maestro

Maestro Ace Pilot

Could it be you have a different stick set?

[​IMG][​IMG]

imon209 likes this.
  14. do you have it wired exactly like in the video. should be channel one and two are the elevons and 3 in throttle, channel 4 is right aileron and channel 6 is left aileron

15. Maestro

Maestro Ace Pilot

Hi!

I checked and took a video..

After the video I switched channels 4 and 6 but that did not matter.

Any help or advice please?!

16. I think you need to do some reversing of your servos...looks like when you pull up the elevons go down. once you do that it should fix allot. if you still have problems let me know
    Maestro

17. Maestro

Maestro Ace Pilot

Uploading photo's... And typing!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We're all mature until somebody brings out the bubble-wrap

imon209 likes this.
  18. Maestro

Maestro Ace Pilot

Mmm. Sorry i thought i could edit the post but somehow it says something about 10 min. Timewindow..?

Here are my questions..

Thanks for youre reply, i tried reversing channels through the reverse option as in picture one.

In a certain setting elevons will work but my aelerons are moving the wrong way.

If you have the time maybe you can briefly explain to me what is what in these mixes so i can understand better and then resolve my problem.

What determines the switch position?

Is mix 1 for channel 1

What is the difference between state act and inh

If master is set to say ail does that mean the aeleron stick controls this?

And then slave is the servo that moves?

Uprate and onrate what does that mean?

Is sw the switch?

In elevon what am i looking at?

Sorry for all these questions, i have been looking for a decent explanation but no normal explaining manual or video can be found.

Thank you very very much if you can help me understand better!!

And if not i still thank you sir!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

imon209 likes this.
  19. "What determines the switch position?
    that is the NORM,ID1 and ID2

Is mix 1 for channel 1
    no its just the first mix

What is the difference between state act and inh
    act means that mix is active, and inh mean that mix is inactive or not active, all mixes should be active

If master is set to say ail does that mean the aeleron stick controls this?
    yes and no. it just means that it will do what the aileron channel or channel 2 on the rx does. unless you reverse it or change it in the programming

And then slave is the servo that moves?
    no its what channel will copy what the master channel tell it to do. It mixes with the master channel

Uprate and onrate what does that mean? this means the movement of the servo. if you have 100 uprate then the servo will move 100% in this direction only. if you have 50 in uprate and 100 in downrate it will move 50% one way and 100% in the other

Is sw the switch? yes

In elevon what am i looking at? In this radio there is a pre-mixed program for the elevons. you should hook up one elevon to the channel 1 and the other elevon to channel 2. they are all at 100 so the you get 100% of the movement. the bottom one is -100 so that they move opposite direction when you move the aileron stick...

hope this helps. If not keep asking I will help as much as I can

imon209 and Maestro like this.
  20. Maestro

Maestro Ace Pilot

Thanks!! This is some food for my brain..

Best explanation on this stuf so far.!!!!