Screwed up and ordered the wrong batteries!

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by FlyteTime, Dec 11, 2017.

1. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Hey guys, first let me say, don't order stuff online late at night, you'll either spend too much money or make a mistake on your order. :oops: Last night I was trying to order a few 3S 2200mah 25C's from HobbyKing and unwittingly ordered the 2S version. I know the 7.4V won't be as powerful as the 11.1V. Question is, will 2S be enough to fly our parkjets or should I incur the cost of returning them and getting what I REALLY wanted to buy? I'm not even sure if it would be economically sound to even return them. Maybe they'd be ok in some of my lighter models? What y'all think?

Kenny (the insomniac shopper):rolleyes:

2. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Yes you`re right don`t buy at night I do it all the time.
    You will be able to use 2s on light parkjets with a 7x5 prop.
    If you can fit one in an 8x6 should do the trick.

FlyteTime likes this.
  3. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Good to hear BB, I surely didn't want to return them. I'll order some props before it gets too late! I found myself almost pulling the trigger on a new transmitter last night that I can't afford right now and came to my senses before going for it, lol.

Wildthing likes this.
  4. :D :D I have a 6S 5000mah 65C I still have to figure out what I am going to use it in. ;) Power not a problem for me, it's the weight and size. :D :D

FlyteTime likes this.
  5. You need a nice little conventional plane now. :)

FlyteTime likes this.
  6. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Geez Jeff that sucker must weigh a pound:D. Whatever your largest plane is, double the size, should be good.;)

Wildthing likes this.
  7. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

I never was one for conventional, I could do nice little though. :D

Wildthing likes this.
  8. DualDesertEagle

DualDesertEagle Ace Pilot

Missing a 3S LiPo I did the maiden flight of my F-18 V3 with a 2S. It did fly and was able to climb too, but it was nothing like flying with a 3S.

Wildthing and FlyteTime like this.
  9. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

I hear you DDE. Thanks for the heads up.

Wildthing likes this.
  10. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Hey Merry Christmass Flyte!

Some guys drop down to 2-S bats and then prop up to larger Slow-Fly props for Ssssssslow flying.

I did that on FRC’s MK2 Alpha Jet and it flew just fine only Ssssssssslower :)

11. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Merry Christmas to you too Flyby! Is Santa bringing you any new firearms? You know, I'm not all that into flying fffffffffffffast, that's just my style and I do have some 7x4.5 ssssssssslow fly props on hand. :D Thanks bud for the suggestion. ;)

Flybyknight22 and Wildthing like this.
  12. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Flyte,

Ssssssssanta don’t sssssstop here anymore ssssssince I shot his fffffffffavorite Pet this deereerrrerreer season bbbbbbbbut I did get another Ffffffffire arm tttttttto ssssssssshoot.

BaBaBaBaBaBaBaBaBaBOOOOOOOOOM!

13. Skydiver

Skydiver Ace Pilot

FlyteTime likes this.
  14. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

You forgot to say something Bill! :D Tell me what you really think, lol. ;)

Skydiver and Wildthing like this.
  15. Skydiver

Skydiver Ace Pilot

Okay, I would have just sent the wrong ones back. It's kinda cold to fly anyway.. So today you had 45* and rain, huh?
    Today I waited for the furnace tech to come in a.m. 'cause the humidifier on the furnace didn't seem to be working.. When I wanted to change the evaporator pad, it was dry and not grody like I expected it to be.. He checked it and said it was wired incorrectly. It was wired for a 2 wire system instead of a 3 wire system. So the water solenoid wasn't clicking open and allowing the water to go onto the drip tray.. Not my fault! So I don't have to pay $125
    for the parts , but they had to order and everything will be in next week Thurs/Fri .. As long as the furnace still works..... I actually assumed that since it was a new install that everything was done correctly.. I guess that's why I wasn't charged anything... I actually forgot to change the evaporator pad last year when it was due, but it wouldn't have any bearing on the wiring error..

16. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

I hear ya Billy, they only cost 21 bucks for the two of them, so my thinking was I'll have to pay return shipping, package them up, take 'em to the post office, risk getting in an accident with all the crazies out there doing Christmas shopping and wait 2 weeks before I see the other batteries. Then a lot of the guys said they would do fine in my lighter aircraft, sooooo I opted to just keep the dang things and learned a lesson about ordering stuff late at night when you're brain ain't at full capacity. ;) Yes it was a crappy day today but way down here it doesn't stay cold for long and I have 2 new planes I want to maiden so I wanted to have some more bats when that day comes. My new Su-34 came in at only 11.85 oz./336g and 15.8oz./448g with the 2s bat. So it should perform pretty good with that combo. The PI F-18 will need a 3s in order to obtain the proper C.G. with the motor in the rear though.

Thankfully your heat is working ok. The dry air messes up my nostrils big time so if you're like me you'll be glad to have a little moisture in the house. The pro's sometimes make mistakes that shouldn't happen for the prices they charge.:)

Skydiver and Wildthing like this.
  17. Skydiver

Skydiver Ace Pilot

Hi, all aside, I would contact the seller for some kind of adjustment. Maybe a credit for the next order?
    The tech said even he connected a couple wrong, but he checkeked the system to make sure it worked bre he left. I bet your planes will fly just fine with the 2s batts. We need to try the Skype.
    Nilly

FlyteTime and Wildthing like this.