Propeller spinning the right way

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by Ickydittle, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Ickydittle

Ickydittle Rookie

how do you know if your propeller is spinning the right way? please help:confused:

2. rcplanesofma24

rcplanesofma24 Rookie

I believe the numbers on the prop should always be facing out. Not sure though. The best way to check is to put the prop on the plane. Run your motor or check to see if it spins either clockwise or counter clockwise. The spin the motor and put your hand behind the prop. If you feel windbits facing the right way. If the wind is being pushed towards the front of your plane its on the wrong way

3. dfarmercse

dfarmercse Rookie

If your plane flies backwards then you have a problem.

Dave F

4. JettaManDan

JettaManDan Administrator

here is the video i did that should help you out....

5. kaptondave

kaptondave Rookie

The numbers on the face of the prop should always face the direction of flight, no matter if it is pulling the plane or pushing it. The normal direction of rotation is clockwise as seen from the rear.

6. The numbers always face the front of the plane no matter what as mentioned. You know its spinning the right way obviously if it is creating thrust in the correct way. The way i check, so i dont have to run the throttle up too high, is i make sure the tip of the prop which is swept back is spinning in the direction of the sweep. So if the tip of the prop is swept towards the right, the prop should spin in the opposite direction. Very confusing at first but you will get the hang of it.