Offical POLL - AMainHobbies

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Dredogol, Nov 10, 2009.

?

How did you like AMainHobbies?

1. 5 = Excellent, no issues and will buy again!

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. 4 = Good, almost no issues with them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3 = Okay, issues with products / customer service

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2 = Bad, too many DOA and awful customer service

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 = Terrible, most products DOA and no customer service

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dredogol

Dredogol M0DERATOR - (aka "Dred")

Alright, this is a POLL for AMainHobbies

Like any review poll, after you have made your poll decision, please leave a comment so other users can better judge of the vendor in question is a good one or not:

COMMENT FORMAT:

POLL START DATE
    :: November 10, 2009
    POLL END DATE :: N/A

2. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

I know this is a very old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one if one already existed about AMain Hobbies.

I have made a total of three orders from AMain in the last year, small items, primarily props. The shipping was very inexpensive, the best I have seen for shipping to Canada from any US vendor I have dealt with in the six years I have been in this hobby. Additionally, my orders all arrived well within the window promised at time of shipping, normally about 10 days, well packaged and well documented.

Today, I received a package that was sent in error, it was supposed to go to a gentleman in Switzerland. AMain had addressed it properly, however the company APC Postal Logistics that they used for shipping must have mistaken the two packages as his package was shipped to me in error and I can only assume he will receive my props :)

I went to the Amain website https://www.amainhobbies.com/ and using the "Chat Now" feature located in the top right corner had my issue handled immediately. The cost of the two shipments was close to the same, I asked if I needed to pack the item I received in error back up and return, they said no, apologized and told me they would ship my props out immediately with no extra charge to me although they would not be shipped by APC Logistics this time, rather USPS, but at no extra charge to me and I should have the package within 10 days which was about how long it took for this incorrect package to arrive.

That was about 10 minutes ago and since then I received two emails from AMain, one with a link to the complete chat log I had with the customer service rep for reference and the number of my work ticket, the second one telling me that my prop order was being processed and should be shipped out today.

I must say I was blown away by this level of courteous customer service and I will certainly continue to deal with AMain hobbies in the future. They might not necessarily have a large selection of things I will need over time, but they have a great selection of APC props (actual Advanced Precision Composite props, not knockoffs) which I have had great performance with in my park jets over the last couple of years.

I know I have read many posts on this forum over the years complaining of bad service from a multitude of vendors, touch wood I have been pretty lucky with most of them other than one dealing with the US Hobby King warehouse, so when I received immediate, courteous customer service of this sort, I wanted to pass it along:)

EDIT: I should also add, after reading the paperwork that accompanied my errant order above, the shipping from AMain Hobbies from Chico, CA to Switzerland was $3.19 for an item that was worth about $11.00. I don't know if that is reasonable or what the guaranteed delivery time was, but it was only slightly more expensive than the shipping I was charged from California to British Columbia on the west coast of Canada.

Cheers,

Scott

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  3. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

A quick update, the props arrived today, shipped on 27 Sep according to the bill, arrived today 03 Oct, pretty darn good shipping time from southern California to Vancouver Island, British Columbia :)
    2018-10-03 14.50.22.jpg

Well done again by AMain, very pleased with this service, they beat their previous shipping time by four days this time and straight to my mail box, no hassle with customs, duty, taxes.

Looking forward to giving these props some testing for efficiency on 3S for a very light weight build I will be working on in the coming weeks and to see how they perform on 4S on some of the higher performance quad racing motors. More to follow on that, again, job well done by AMain and their customer service.:)

Cheers,

Scott

Wildthing and bogusbandit56 like this.
  4. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Are those gas props Scott?

Wildthing likes this.
  5. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

I am assuming so, they are fairly similar to the 6x4 APC gas props I have been using for quite awhile. Very stiff props, beefy around the hub, then tapering quite a bit towards the tip. I will give more feedback in the Quad motor test thread when I get a chance to have a closer look at them. They certainly don't have the blade shape of most APC electric props.

Cheers,

Scott

bogusbandit56 likes this.
  6. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

They certainly don't have the blade shape of most APC electric props.
    That`s what I was thinking.
    Ta.

7. I believe the Sport and gas props are the same thing. Personally on the larger motors like the NTM 2700kv motors I found the performance dropped using the 6" props, but with the 10X5 gas versus the 10X5 electric prop the gas wins.

8. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Have you tested for power consumption on the larger gas props verses the electric prop.
    I would have thought the gas prop would really suck the power up because of the extra weight.

Wildthing likes this.
  9. When I tested the 10X5 prop somewhere around 8 to 10 more oz of thrust and only 2A more draw.

10. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

That`s a good trade off:)

Wildthing likes this.
  11. The only snag on the combat planes the prop isn't quite as sharp to cut the streamers. :D

12. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

A bit of fine emery paper to sharpen the leading edge of the prop should sort that problem:)

Wildthing likes this.