MiG-29 V5

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by RCPowers, May 30, 2016.

1. MiG-29 Forum 1.png
    MiG-29 Forum 2.png
    In 1974, The Soviets began pushing for a new lightweight fighter with excellent agility to replace the older MiG series along the Cold War frontlines. By this time, advanced technology made it possible to utilize the latest in missile weaponry as well as radar systems. The new development would be powered by equally-new engines and field an array of short and medium-range air-to-air missiles as well as an internal cannon for close-in work. The fighter could stand up to direct competition against the best that West had to offer. She was the new shinier version of the MiGs of the past.

The MiG-29 is a deadly lightweight fighter with a potent, multi-faceted set of warfare tools. This deadly fighter is proven a success worldwide and because we just love her so much… yeah, we couldn’t resist upgrading her to our V5 tribe. You’ll love this fancy new model.

Feature 1: Elegantly contoured wing leading edge. Sales through the wind with ease and looks good as she goes.

Feature 2: New intelligence in air cooling systems with 4 air intakes that are designed to maximize your flight time.

Feature 3: She’s got upgrades to spare. The MiG-29 comes with KF2’s and KF4’s boosting structure and performance.

Feature 4: Aerobatically beautiful. The MiG laughs at the first sign of clouds with balanced to perfection maneuverability.

Hey, I got mine! Now how do I set it up?
    BUILD - Simple and easy build. Yes, you really can build this in an afternoon. Scale looks with none of the build complication.
    PARTS - The power systems and build materials we recommend can be found through the links on our Getting Started page.
    INSTRUCTIONS - See Tiled plans for build tips. For more V5 plane basic steps, check out Instruction thread.
    (Photos coming soon).
    CONTROLS - Elevons only works great. Our favorite setup is mechanical 4x4. See the Ebook’s Wiring Diagram chapter for how to.
    POWER - Multiple power systems possible with adjustable motor shims and room in the electronics compartment to balance your CG.

PLEASE NOTE: Our cart software has been updated January 2017.
    This particular product will not appear in your RCPowers “My Downloads” section.
    For faster service, a direct download link will be instantly emailed to you upon purchase.

See Similar Products Here

Airflow, jerrycan, Wildthing and 2 others like this.
  2. TomMonton

TomMonton Top Gun

Very nice... you used the nose concept I had hoped you would and it's completely attached this time...

Vertical rudders too.

If it wasn't for the need for food and shelter...I'd be on this right now.

You have all the makings of real performer here .... well done so far.

Airflow, borg187, Splashballz and 3 others like this.
  3. All 3 sets of plans are downloaded and on the smart stick, off to the print shop today.

4. BadAxeFlyer

BadAxeFlyer Ace Pilot

I am disappointed as I absolutely LOVE the modular nose on the SU-27, was hoping all of the V5 planes had them. I have ZERO ability to mod the design for a modular nose, so that part for me, is disappointing.

borg187 and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  5. Rotorhead619

Rotorhead619 Ace Pilot

Just cut the nose where you want it to break off. Make 2 bulkheads and glue them in. Add your favorite magnets and BOOM! Modular nose.

6. BadAxeFlyer

BadAxeFlyer Ace Pilot

Easy enough to type, but when my hands go to execute, bad things happen. ;) :) :) :)

7. Shannon

Shannon Administrator

Hey BadAxeFlyer,

Thank you for your honest feedback. I understand, I love the modular nosecone too.

Maybe we can show a mod on how to do that with the new V5's. We'll be showing build pics coming soon, so that could be something on our list to show how to do.

Try them out as stock though. I promise you'll love these new ones too. And if you don't love them after you fly them, email me and I'll get you taken care of.

8. Shannon

Shannon Administrator

I knew you'd like these Tom.

I look forward to seeing what you do with the paint scheme... When you get food and shelter first of course.

9. BadAxeFlyer

BadAxeFlyer Ace Pilot

Oh, don't get me wrong, I am not disappointed enough to not build them. :) I just love knowing I can build another nose easily, as the attempts I made at patching the non modular noses have come out quite comical. lol I will build them stock. But a vid on modding into a modular nose would ROCK. I would even pay for that. :)

10. Shannon

Shannon Administrator

Sounds good BadAxe... I totally get it. I can put it on the list ;)

borg187, Wildthing and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  11. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Top Gun

borg187, EricR, Wildthing and 2 others like this.
  12. Shannon

Shannon Administrator

Happy to have you Greg! Love your building and flying skills!

13. SukhoiLover

SukhoiLover Ace Pilot

Food and shelter are overrated. Build, fly, repair, fly, repeat. Go, go, go!
    (Excuse me--time for a sandwich from my house's kitchen.)

borg187, EricR, Wildthing and 2 others like this.
  14. SukhoiLover

SukhoiLover Ace Pilot

Food and shelter are overrated. Build, fly, repair, fly, repeat. Go, go, go!
    (Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for a sandwich from my home's kitchen.)

15. borg187

borg187 Ace Pilot

I'm with you on that Bro. I would have quit my job last year. But my employer can't see past the stay at home employee deal.

bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  16. borg187

borg187 Ace Pilot

BAF, take a fine tooth saw and wack the nose off then build a bulkhead on each end of the cut. All done.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  17. Shannon

Shannon Administrator

I like Borg's style of scratchbuilding! Just saw it off! ;)

Here's our MiG-29 V5 progress.

RCPowers V5 Planes_05.jpg
    RCPowers V5 Planes_06.jpg

mmfg, SukhoiLover, malukk and 4 others like this.