Microjet V3

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by jbelokur, Sep 13, 2018.

1. jbelokur

jbelokur Cadet

Hey guys, after a little time away I've gotten back into the hobbyIt turns on for lest than 1/2 second. with my boys. I originally bought the F-22 plans and had a good time with that. I just bought the SU-35 v5. We just finished it today, and now I can't get my motor to spool up like normal. Just the last few weeks I've been using the same set up A 3cell 2200 batt, a 20amp esc and a Microjet V3 motor with no problems. And now hen I plug the batt in, then turn on my transmitter (turnigy 9x) the microjet does its normal 3 beeps but when I push the throttle up it just blips the motor and shuts off. It will do that every time I push up the control. What do you think is going on?

2. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Check your connections and if you have another esc try that first.

F1wanabe likes this.
  3. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Welcome back. Just reading your post, if you are plugging in your battery, then turning on the transmitter, you are doing things in reverse and that could be causing your problem. It is always best and safest to turn the transmitter on first, then plug the battery into the plane. It should initialize properly then unless there is an issue with your ESC. If the problem persists if you turn on the transmitter first then plug in the battery, go over all your connections closely to ensure nothing is loose or you might have a bad solder joint somewhere in the motor, ESC or even the battery connector. If there is nothing wrong there, try re binding your transmitter to the receiver, sometimes this will "reboot" the system somewhat and get rid of "gremlins" that might be causing you issues.

What brand of ESC are you using? If it is a Grayson ESC that you might have had for awhile, personally I have had very negative experiences with their older ESCs that I purchased 5 or 6 yrs ago. Out of three I purchased, one was a dud, one lasted about 10 flights, one about 100 flights and then I had to go elsewhere to get reliable ESCs.

Hope this helps, best of luck with your troubleshooting.

Cheers,

Scott

F1wanabe and homey666 like this.
  4. JettaManDan

JettaManDan Administrator

also could maybe try a esc reprogram..turn on radio..have throttle trim all the way down...then have the throttle stick all the way up.....then plug in the plane..you will hear a beep from the motor..then pull the throttle stick all the way down..and it may quick program..do this with the prop off of course!

F1wanabe likes this.
  5. jbelokur

jbelokur Cadet

Thank you for the responses! I've tried all the above, and nothing has worked. Actually it isn't doing anything now. I figure it is a the esc. Would you please give me your recommendation for a new esc for my setup? Thank you again.

jimbosflyin likes this.
  6. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I've been useing the Hobbywing Skywalker 40 amp esc from Value Hobby,great price and haven't failed me yet.A much for the Microjet but you will be able to use it with other motors for 2 and 3s and more servo applications.Also the Turnigy plush 30 or 40amp are also a good choice.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    JTiger, bogusbandit56 and Wildthing like this.