KingKong / LDARC ET 115 - Brushless indoors FPV Quad

Discussion in 'Quadcopters' started by DutchRC, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Haloa guys :)

so yeah.. that Tiny Whoop craze huh? I'm really not into that.. Them motors just don't last.. And.. I can only fly acro :p
    So.. Time to try something different then! A flying tank? Pretty close to it actually :D

Link to the ET-115: KingKong LDARC ET 115 bnf

You'll allso want: Extra Gaoneng 2S lipo

Sooooo what's my take on it??

Specifications:
    Wheelbase: 115mm
    Weight: 89.1g (without receiver or battery)
    Package weight: 669.7g
    Propeller: 2345 3-blade
    Brushless motor: XT1104 7500KV
    Flight controller & ESC: PIKO BLX FC + BLHeli_S 10A 2-3S, 20*20mm
    Video transmitter: Q100 25mW/100mW 16CH
    Camera: OV231 800TVL 150°
    Receiver: optional compatible Frsky XM, compatible Flysky FS-RX2A, compatible Spektrum DSM2
    Battery: 2S 7.4V 550mAh 80C

malukk likes this.
  2. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

Appears to be a nice little backyard fly'r actually. I avoided the whoop series primarily because I worried the brushed motors and the frame was a little bit frail to my taste.

This little guy is fitting in better in my opinion.... I want to pull the trigger on it

Too bad they don't offer telemetry down, you're right. I still prefer a lipo sensor on the radio band even if it offers osd ... it just feels better connected for some odd reason. (that much simply falls more into a golfer's superstitions realm)

DutchRC and malukk like this.
  3. Yes sir! You haven't seen tinywhoopses on my channel for THAT reason ;)

And true.. it's not perfect.. You'd still like it though :) The thought of it being nearly indestructable makes flying it very relaxing :)

malukk likes this.
  4. Have you done any reviews on the FT gremlins? How does it compare?

5. Nope.. I haven't had gremlins...

malukk likes this.
  6. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

...I did pull the trigger on this one.

I have a decent back yard but it is limited for airspace sharing that area with mature trees. A 32" epp plane fits in real well but a multirotor in that environment would have to be small and durable. This is all close in flying and was another influence in this specific choice.

Besides ... It's just too cute to pass up. Brushless and with that much torque on 2s, you just can't go wrong. I've been looking for a backyard tree hugger that was nimble and able survive a reasonable hit so yeah

... patience is my worry now because I won't see it till early June

DutchRC likes this.
  7. CUTE it indeed is yes :D Very durable as well, and it's somehow pretty easy to fly Through branches with it.. Offten-times I hardly notice flying into them :)

Hmm yes.. I know what That is like (I didn't get the pietence feature installed ;))

8. Very nice quad this ET115.. I still very much enjoy mine..
    BUT.. the camera isn't all that great, so I replaced it with a Runcam micro Swift..

Glad I did :D

9. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

Nice upgrade too.

Mine is still sitting in Compton California. It's passed through customs and is only a matter of ground transportation to get to me.

I may even have time enough to order the cam and have it here for when the copter arrives

DutchRC likes this.
  10. Ghehe :) First check it out a couple of packs stock brother :)
    Over here I really 'need' good FPV cams because the weather is offten Dreadfull..

11. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

I have the eachine qx65, the eachine tiny whoop...yes it is brushed...but for the price...I have been digging it....Decent camera too...I saw your review for this quad...but then horizon hobby had a 30$ coupon and it brought the Blade Torrent 110mm quad down to 99$...It looks identical to this one, so I dunno who copied who...but it is brushless, flies on 2 or 3s....it should arrive any day now...great reviews...

Wildthing likes this.
  12. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

I'm excited to see your impression of the 110.

I did follow behind Dutch's last video and ordered a better cam and would agree too ... it's only real weak point. I am getting image wash outs passing across the sun to shadow and the overall clarity could be so much better anyway.

I like this scale of copter and it fits perfectly in my back yard.

If blade gives up a better cam for ya.... we have another win without the upgrade.

Wildthing and FED50H like this.
  13. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

It is on the mail truck which is out for delivery....going to charge up some batteries so I can get it set up tonight....

Wildthing likes this.
  14. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

Something happened to my video stream. I had first noticed that video quality was gradually getting more and more milky and had initially blamed it on the lens fogging up a little in the humidity....not.

Come inside to wipe things down and shine up the goggles again. Once indoors things progressively got worse until all I get is snow.

Trouble shooting brought me to a damaged coil on the TX module itself. I wish I would paid closer attention to where the zip ties were placed. An impact I'm sure caused this but .... were the zip ties laying over that component and could it have stressed that point.

I ordered a nice little tiny whoop camera setup to replace this now. [​IMG][​IMG]

DutchRC likes this.
  15. Interesting! Well yeah.. anything can & will get damaged, but I'll have a look if I can shield it somehow..

16. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

I replaced the camera and vtx with this little guy. It advertises 700tvl 120° and 25 mw on 1s ..... i wanted 130 but these are still reasonable specs.

Works like a charm. The hardest part was getting hot glue in there nicely to tac it down firmly. I did not have to break away any plastic and in fact the camera fit quite nicely in the original mounting.

Video quality is definitely better than the default cam and transitions from sun to shade much cleaner without ghosting like it was before.

... back in business [​IMG]

DutchRC likes this.
  17. I was kinda thinking a Runcam combo such I used in this video:

Does cost more though :)
    BUT.. good to read it does work better then the stock cam :)

TomMonton likes this.
  18. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

I figured out the DVR function finally

Here's a quick view of my back yard.

FED50H and DutchRC like this.
  19. That indeed Does look pretty good yes :)

TomMonton likes this.
  20. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

When they say "unbreakable" don't believe it.

I run wide open into a metal fence post and this is what I returned. The quad took off and flew as if nothing was ever wrong. If this is all I suffered ... I call this a BIG win.

I did order a blank 115 frame to have on hand for spare parts.

In fact I like this quadcopter so much I ordered the 125mm wanting a little more torque return using the different blades.

Wonderful little craft.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    FED50H and DutchRC like this.