F-22 V5

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by RCPowers, Jul 16, 2016.

1. F-22 V5 Title.png

F-22 Download.png
    F-22 Pics.png
    F-22 Specs.png

The F-22 Raptor is a jet way ahead of its time. Its combination of stealth, aerodynamic performance, and situational awareness gives the aircraft unprecedented air combat capabilities, and is considered unmatched by any known or projected fighter. It is the first operational aircraft to combine supercruise, supermaneuverability, stealth, and sensor fusion in a single weapons platform.

The US fought to keep this one of a kind plane for themselves to protect the advanced stealth capabilities, and we now get to share a little piece of this new secret weapon with you. This is our first stealth V5 jet and we’ve got some amazing tricks that we’ve added that allows this stealth platform to be an incredibly stable parkjet like you’ve never flown before.

The F-22 V5 FEATURES

- UNDER RUDDERS: NEW! Stay totally stable at slow speeds when all others don’t!

- EASY & SCALE: The absolute highest simplicity to scale ratio in the industry!

- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Looks and flies like the real thing in confidence!

START BUILDING

- PARTS: Get your motor, battery, ESC, foam, radio, servos, hardware, etc on this PARTS page.

- INSTRUCTIONS: Your plans have some build tips. Also see the Basics Instructions as well as post 2, and post 3.

- CONTROLS: Elevons and rudders are what we recommend. If you ever need help setting up a plane, see our PARKJET EBOOKS.

- NOT SURE?: These planes are very rewarding. We’d like to help you get in the air if you need anything, just ask. info@RCPowers.com.

F-22 Download.png
    PLEASE NOTE: Our cart software has been updated January 2017.
    This particular product will not appear in your RCPowers “My Downloads” section.
    For faster service, a direct download link will be instantly emailed to you upon purchase.

See Similar Products Here

2. BTH71, borg187, Airflow and 1 other person like this.
  3. F-22 V5 PART ASSEMBLY
    F-22 V5 INSTRUCTIONS.png

4. Under Rudders Installment

- Cutout the servo holes designated for the Rudders.
    - Face your servos in towards the center of the plane.
    - Give yourself maximum movement by centering your servo arm correctly (perpendicular with the wing of the plane).
    - You'll only need a straight rod as the connection is pretty direct.
    - Give yourself plenty of thread room on your rod to adjust and make the Rudders straight.

Under Rudders.png

Flybyknight22 likes this.
  6. DJRubberCow

DJRubberCow Ace Pilot

Bought! (Also: First! \o/ :) )

One downside on the tiled plans: Since the foam I currently build with (depron) comes in 1m x 1m packages, the way the plans are layouted is a terrible waste of paper. I can't spray glue the plans onto the depron since it simply doesn't fit, so having everything twice or four times gives me no benefit.

So I'd just suggest to maybe also ship a version of the plans which does not contain duplicates.

Keep up the great work!

7. darren

darren Airman

got mine but will have to wait to build as new workshop build is still in progress and the wife has turned old workshop into her new dressing room

8. TxTH

TxTH Airman

Headed to the printer this morning, building tonight!

9. Funnyfoot

Funnyfoot Airman

At the beach till next Sunday, but build will begin once I get some more foam after that!

10. Shannon

Shannon Administrator

Hey DJ,

I've updated your downloads with a DEPRON size version. It has all the parts including multiples, but this way you can still tape together and get the larger Depron size. Email me at info@RCPowers.com if you have any questions.

Shannon

11. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

A few more pieces and a bit more work and she'll be an F22:)

2016-07-26 06.33.43.jpg

Cheers,

Scott

borg187, Grantman, Shannon and 8 others like this.
  12. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Looking good Scott,

Hmmmmm,

Never built or flown the F-22.

Maybe this is the one?

F-22, are you the ONE?

13. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi FBK -

I've built the F22 V1/V2/V3, all had their different characteristics, the V1 was probably my favourite of the bunch. The V2 was a bit too big and floaty for my liking and the V3 although very high performance was quite "naughty" :rolleyes:if you didn't pay attention and fully focus on flying it.

I've had a very close look at the F22 V5 plans, everything seems to be very well placed and sized for maximum performance for how I like my planes to fly anyway, for what that's worth:rolleyes: I have actually downsized by 5% to get the V1 dimensions. I think this has the making of a very cool park jet:cool:

Stealth style park jets (F35, F22, T50, NAMC Mig-FA) in my experience all have some unique slow speed characteristics, so I'm interested to see how the "under rudders" enhance slow speed control ability.:)

Cheers,

Scott

14. TxTH

TxTH Airman

Center line epoxied and will install CF rods next. Hopefully in the air tomorrow morning!
    F22 V5.JPG

15. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Parts has just been cut, all in 3mm Depron AERO. Original scale.
    I've done it before, with good results, it survived over 300 flights.
    The FRC su-37 Mk2. Built out of 3 mm Depron.
    But this time only a small amount of wrapping paper to be used.

[​IMG]

The 3mm Depron FRC Su-37 single motor version. Without any carbon fiber rods in the wing.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And later as a Twin.
    [​IMG]

16. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Yo darren,...

I got this book,....

Check with Wildthing :D

17. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Ok time to start construction of this funny little thing:)!

The two 3 mm vertical stabilizers gets reinforced by some 3x 0,4mm carbon fiber strips. The carbon strips are sanded with 320 abrasive paper before "UHUing" them together.

[​IMG]

Ok a tiny amount of glue on the 3 mm piece of Depron.
    I usually put the pieces together to smear glue on the other surface, in this case from the foam piece, on to the CF strip. Then, release and let dry...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A moment later, it's done.
    [​IMG]

18. TxTH

TxTH Airman

Ready to do final shaping and start installing electronics now.
    f22 close.JPG

19. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi everyone -

Templates trimmed out of the plans, to save some MPF, I played with the pieces a bit and have them laid out on one sheet. I'm making the vertical stabs from scrap Depron so I shouldn't have to reinforce those. KF airfoils already cut out from Dollar Tree foam.

2016-07-26 18.42.38.jpg

Hope to get most of it cut out tomorrow, although the forecast looks good, so I might do some flying instead:cool:

Cheers,

Scott