F-15 V5

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by RCPowers, May 30, 2016.

1. F-15 Forum 1.png
    F-15 Forum 2.png
    The F-15 Eagle fighter was born in dark times with unsure beginnings and went on to become the pinnacle of American air superiority going on to achieve an excellent kill-to-loss record - at one time totaling 100 combat kills to no losses. With simple beginnings to now being one of the most respected United States Air Force fighter jets, it’s no wonder so many have revered and respected her amazing legacy. The F-15 Eagle is truly a success!

Advanced technologies, highly maneuverable, and performance-enhanced multi-role fighter platform… yeah, we just couldn’t help ourselves but to choose this mighty fighter to be our first in the new V5 line up.

Feature 1: Fierce Cantilever shoulder mounted wings. Air-flow perfection.

Feature 2: Sleek new profile 3D nose in one to simplify build without losing the beauty.

Feature 3: Scale performance. She flies like a real parkjet! Cuts through the air with excellence.

Feature 4: Strong solid wingplate to fuselage structure. Beefier support that is simplified in its design.

Hey, I got mine! Now how do I set it up?
    BUILD - Simple and easy build. Yes, you really can build this in an afternoon. Scale looks with none of the build complication.
    PARTS - The power systems and build materials we recommend can be found through the links on our Getting Started page.
    INSTRUCTIONS - See Tiled plans for build tips. For more V5 plane basic steps, check out Instruction thread.
    (Photos coming soon).
    CONTROLS - Elevons only works great. Our favorite setup is mechanical 4x4. See the Ebook’s Wiring Diagram chapter for how to.
    POWER - Multiple power systems possible with adjustable motor shims and room in the electronics compartment to balance your CG.

PLEASE NOTE: Our cart software has been updated January 2017.
    This particular product will not appear in your RCPowers “My Downloads” section.
    For faster service, a direct download link will be instantly emailed to you upon purchase.

See Similar Products Here

2. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Top Gun

Got the pack! The F15 is such a great combination of maneuverability, stability and speed. Plans look really good, Dave and Shannon! I think I'll do flaps and elevons on this- those ailerons are perfect for that and the elevons look like they should maneuver the plane really well without ailerons!

Shooter1, DavePowers, borg187 and 4 others like this.
  3. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Top Gun

Love my printer Pam! It was tough to leave Tammy-she was good. But Pam is great
    [​IMG]
    She always prints my stuff within 20 min and does it accurately. If you guys have problems with the chains, try a local printer with the owner running the shop. These prints are $3.50 per sheet too.

www.frcfoamies.com
    www.youtube.com/user/gstrysky

Shooter1, borg187, EricR and 4 others like this.
  4. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Wow! You're fast Greg However, I guess nothing compares to the price of what I get here to print 1 sheet of A0 size paper. Only $ 0.75 a sheet!

Sent from my LG-F320K using Tapatalk

5. paulh998

paulh998 Airman

Has anybody got any pics of the new V5's

6. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Top Gun

Wow, that is cheap alright!

www.frcfoamies.com

7. 75 cents, WHAT???? :D

lysle42, Airflow and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  8. Just had all 3 printed off at Staples, $26.45 CAD.

lysle42, Airflow and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  9. BadAxeFlyer

BadAxeFlyer Ace Pilot

Mine are emailed to FedEx Print center, waiting on the CALL. :)

bimoadiprakoso, Airflow and Wildthing like this.
  10. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Sitting here in my overnight room, 2 days away from UHU and Depron ... lol. Got the printing job done at work, all three of them:) I love Proff. industrial printers!:p
    Will go for the F-15 this time, the obvious choice for me! I have only built two different kind of US jets before, several Raptors and two F-18. The F15 is also my favorite among these three American planes when it comes to how it looks. This one will not last long, with that kind of powerhouse I've chosen. :D Next one in the RCP->pipeline> will be the MIG Yes!!;)

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    lysle42, DavePowers, Shannon and 4 others like this.
  11. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

That would be US $4.50 here Wildthing

12. I don't think so Bimo, ;)

lysle42, borg187 and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  13. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Yes it would. 75cents times 6 sheets of untiled plan. That would easily be $4.50

lysle42, borg187 and Wildthing like this.
  14. XDmToter

XDmToter Ace Pilot

Is it just me, or does the vertical stabilizer look a bit off in these plans?

The angle of the leading edge seems too steep, and the F-15 has a flat top on the vertical.

F-15-V5-Tail-Discrepancy.png

e3_Scott, borg187 and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  15. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Top Gun

When taking a jet design and applying it to a foamie parkjet, maintaining the scale proportions often make the plane difficult to fly since the speeds we fly at are much slower than actual scale speeds. I'm sure Dave chose the deeper stabilizer in order to give the plane better performance throughout the flight envelope or at least a better feel.

www.frcfoamies.com

lysle42, Shannon, borg187 and 4 others like this.
  16. borg187

borg187 Ace Pilot

Hey Guys here in Fresno, CA the print shop I go to has a $5.00 setup and each page is 58 cents, no limit.

17. Shannon

Shannon Administrator

Hey Keith, we got a little bit more work done here.
    F-15 V5 Vertical Stabilizers.png

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    lysle42, borg187, malukk and 3 others like this.