Can't argue with that.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Grantman, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Grantman

Grantman Top Gun

Was just discussing diet and healthy eating with my youngest daughter and why she doesn't make better choices. Her reply: "Life is too short to eat cabbage."

I want a T-shirt that says that.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    CrstnJdi, borg187, andy_downs and 5 others like this.
  2. SukhoiLover

SukhoiLover Ace Pilot

I have also seen a t-shirt that proclaims, “Lettuce - The taste of sadness.” Hysterical!

And I’m a vegetarian.

CrstnJdi, borg187, andy_downs and 5 others like this.
  3. Grantman

Grantman Top Gun

Slowly heading that way, working on being immortal. I cut everything out of my diet that wasn't food and lost 65 lbs. Quitting sugar was harder than quitting smoking, like 10x worse. Felt like a bag of smashed rectums for 6 weeks.

4. My neighbor lost a ton of weight, the two main things he cut out was grain (bread) and potatoes. Of course like anything it's in proportion also, can I eat 6 burgers , you bet, do I need to, not. ;) . Doctor told him also if you are really hungry have another piece of meat . ( sorry @SukhoiLover )

5. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

I love cabbage, broccoli ,cauliflower and brussel sprouts much fartier than lettuce.
    Dinner is just not dinner without potatoes.

6. Grantman

Grantman Top Gun

I hate everything you just listed, potatoes above all. Horrid things, can't eat 'em, they just make me gag.
    I have had palatable brussel sprouts twice in my life. Both times cooked by a woman named "Carol", not the same woman mind you, but they were both married to my uncle at different times. They kinda looked the same, too. My uncle actually managed to marry four similar-looking women named "Carol" and never the same one twice. Sadly only two could cook.

I'm not making this up.

Around here brussel sprouts are grown and left to rot on the stalk, then tilled into the soil as ferts. The smell is otherworldly.

7. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

a veggie as well,must be a SU thing:D

borg187, Wildthing and SukhoiLover like this.
  8. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

This could be very true. I planted some lettuce with my tobacco plants one year hoping the slugs would prefer them to the tobacco. Unfortunately they monstered both crops but much prefered the more valuable tobacco leaves.
    Growing the tobacco is very easy, but the curing is very difficult in Britain because of the damp weather.

9. SukhoiLover

SukhoiLover Ace Pilot

I can get over a doc telling someone to eat more meat, but “Felt like a bag of smashed rectums”? Yikes!

borg187, bogusbandit56 and Wildthing like this.
  10. Grantman

Grantman Top Gun

I had a headache for 6 weeks, the rest resembles the flu. You basically poison yourself as the Candida fungi that thrive on sugar die off en mass.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    borg187, andy_downs and bogusbandit56 like this.
  11. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

I've been doing the keto thing for about 6 months. Best I've ever felt...and the weight has stayed off, even if I'm not working out. Higher fats than protein intake, limited carbs of any kind, even fruit. Basically no insulin surges...no energy lulls which require naps. It isn't for everyone, but it has been working for me. Caesar salad is one of my favorite meals anyway...and with the travel I do, I can live off beef/turkey sticks, eggs, coconut oil, coffee, salads and tons of water. I really miss bread...but having abs again at 43 years old, and having time to play, rather than hit the gym all the time...I'm digging it. Just staying aware and tracking how much you actually consume a day is key...it was easier for me, as I have always avoided sugar..diabetes on both sides of my family as a kid, scared me into limiting it.

12. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

I`ve never heard that one before and I hope I don`t hear it again:DLOL

borg187 and Wildthing like this.
  13. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Very interesting I didn`t know that. May be a gradual weaning off sugar would be better.:)

borg187 and Wildthing like this.
  14. Grantman

Grantman Top Gun

That is weaning. Quit cold and your body starts "keytoning", and producing alcohol=sugar which feeds the fungi. You can't win this one.

borg187, Wildthing and bogusbandit56 like this.
  15. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

OK it looks like I will stick with my 20 a day habit (that`s just the biscuits):D

borg187, homey666 and andy_downs like this.
  16. borg187

borg187 Ace Pilot

I'm on a plant based diet too. If it eats plants I eat IT.

But seriously I've modified my diet for healthier living. Mainly eating veggies and very little meat to about once every 2 weeks. Even less pork, been on this diet for 3 months lost 25 lbs.

17. Grantman

Grantman Top Gun

The things they do to food in North America are atrocious. Drug companies have free-reign to make food "additives" with little to no testing, based on the belief they're not making "drugs".
    One of my wife's co-workers daughters gave birth (C-section) to a one-month premature child yesterday, kid was 9lbs 1oz. They know the conception date to the day 'cuz mom had to undergo Zika screening due to a recent holiday. An 8 month-old fetus should NOT weigh 9lbs, I think chicken is to blame.

borg187 and bogusbandit56 like this.
  18. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

This is strange as I have just got in from discussing the same problem with a neighbour.
    The amount of fat people in Britain has reached epidemic proportions.This I believe is due to additives in processed food. If people could be bothered to cook fresh healthy foods there would be less obesity.
    Now days I think a lot of people only get up from the couch to answer the door to the pizza delivery guy.

borg187 and andy_downs like this.
  19. Grantman

Grantman Top Gun

Wanna hear something crazy? McDonalds fries in North America have 19 ingredients, two of them are silicones. Their cooking oil contains silicone to extend its service life. That used to be a joke of mine when they stopped using tallow, "whadda they use now?" "dunno, prolly silicone". Scary.
    You want to live pain-free take carrageenan out of your diet. This stuff causes IBS, arthritis, most inflammation-related ailments, and they stick it in everything, even baby formula. Mimics "creaminess" in your mouth, used to induce inflammation in lab animals to test anti-inflammatories. Couldn't possibly be bad for you, could it? Meh, doesn't matter, I'm sure the have a "treatment" for whatever problems it causes.

borg187, bogusbandit56 and andy_downs like this.
  20. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

Have you ever done the Micky d's bacteria test ?

Their food will not go through a normal decay process. It practically remains suspended by its own shell. Doesn't mold or break down unless you introduce another contaminant into it.