Use the Turnigy 9X with a Simulator ???

Discussion in 'Scratchbuild Talk' started by Crash Test Dummy, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Crash Test Dummy

Crash Test Dummy Rookie

Howdy,

HobbyKing says that the turnigy 9x has a simulator output. Has anyone actually tried this output and can verify that the Turnigy 9X will work with a simulator?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=8991&aff=46898#SpanOptionbox
    Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module & 8ch Receiver

I would really like to buy a TX that has this capability so that I can practice on a simulator with the same TX I will attempt to actually fly with.

If this option actually works what are your suggestions for a inexpensive or 'free' simulator. I plan to fly a Hawk Sky.

John

2. Argonath

Argonath Top Gun

I don't have it but you can try it with FMS which is free. I have FMS and it works with my Exceed TX.

3. blaumph2cool

blaumph2cool Ace Pilot

Crash, I responded to your PM.

To put it simply, yes, I have tested the 9X with FMS, ClearView, REFLEX, and RC Desk Pilot.

Note: You have to remove the module from the back when using the 9X as a sim controller.

jhova17 likes this.
  4. Kozmyk

Kozmyk Rookie

Or break into the PPM trace on the back board and solder a 1k resistor in the line.
    This stops the Turnigy module from dragging the PPM signal down when the jack is plugged in.

5. certaut

certaut Cadet

6. Phill

Phill Rookie

Certaut, the 9in1 USB plugin does NOT work with the turnigy 9x I got two of the 9in1's the first was broken on arrival and the second did not work with the turnigy 9x, a waste of time money and effort, don't bother with this one Crash Test Dummy.

7. Fei_Hu

Fei_Hu Airman

It will work just fine. I have one of those and it plugs in via the USB port with a stereo jack into the back of the T9x. Set up a separate model in memory and name it simulator. Adjust your channels to match the input the simulator is looking for and you're good to go.

jhova17 likes this.
  8. The 9x works perfectly with clearview. Be sure to calibrate the controller in windows and in the simulator or else it won't work. Clearview is a great sim for only $40.

jhova17 likes this.
  9. dudleypage

dudleypage Rookie

can anyone help me setup turnigy 9x with clearview ? i have v2 and i did the trainer fix in the module but still cant get it to work with the 3.5mm jack :(

10. LukeWarm

LukeWarm Top Gun

11. jhova17

jhova17 Airman

so what is the best to purchase to use the 9x with a sim ? i use clearview sim but i dont understand what product to purchase, i know it must hook into that jack on the side obviously lol :confused:

12. dtribby

dtribby Top Gun

jhova17 likes this.
  13. Maestro

Maestro Ace Pilot

Ans when you use it. Unplug the module on the back.

jhova17 likes this.
  14. jhova17

jhova17 Airman

15. jhova17

jhova17 Airman

thanks maestro why do you have to take that out just wondering ? I have the esky sim tx with clear view but I thaught if I fly with my flysky or my turnigy 9x it's better to use them with the sim !

Maestro likes this.
  16. dtribby

dtribby Top Gun

If you don't unplug the transmitter module, the radio won't "speak" in the proper language for the sim to understand.

17. jhova17

jhova17 Airman

yeah Chinese like the crappy manual ... Hahahahaha no I figured something like that.

18. dtribby

dtribby Top Gun

Even now - I just use my Dynam 6ch USB controller for my simulators. I don't feel like messing with batteries or cables on my Tx. I can haul the dynam box anywhere I go and not worry about breaking or messing it up.

19. Maestro

Maestro Ace Pilot

The module gets info from the tx, sets it to the right frequency and then goes to the antenna..

If you take it out, the tx info goes through the cable you plugged in..

It's the same if you want to use you're tx in a buddy box system. For the slave tx you take out the module.

20. jhova17

jhova17 Airman

thats what I was wondering so that's how you do the buddy box! Now all I need is to learn that frisbee toss of yours ..... Hahahaha