Warning! This site requires Javascript. Learn how to enable it here.

Turnigy 9x v2 Binding Help

Discussion in 'Scratchbuild Talk' started by RH2011, May 9, 2012.

1. RH2011

RH2011 Rookie

I have the Turnigy 9x v2 transmitter from hobbyking with the original reciever. I have followed all the directions on how to bond them. I get it to stop flashing and bond but when i remove the bond plug, plug in the servos, and turn them back on the led starts flashing again. I just cant get it to work. What should I do?

Thanks for any help,

Rusty
  2. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Top Gun

The battery and bind terminals are reversed on the 9x rxs. You connect the bind plug into the battery terminal and an external battery into the bind. Press and hold the button on the back of the time, turn on the TX, then turn on power to rx, then let go.

Sent by my astromech droid using Tapatalk 2
  3. Fei_Hu

Fei_Hu Airman

I found that if I plug the servo in backwards I unbind the Rx and have to start over. Bind the Rx, remove the bind plug and then plug in only one servo. If it unbinds the Rx try again but turn the servo plug the other way.
  4. RH2011

RH2011 Rookie

Thanks. I've tried both replies and I still can't get it. I'm using my ESC to power my RX and its got to be in ch3 for my throttle. I can plug everything up and get it to stop blinking and bond but when I unplug my ESC to plug my servo in then plug everything back up, it just starts back blinking again. Is there something else I can try or am I doing something wrong?
  5. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Top Gun

Let me try again just to be sure.
    1. Bind jumper goes into batt.
    [​IMG].
    2. ESC goes into channel 3.
    3. Press bind button on back of tx and don't let go!
    [​IMG]
    4. Turn on tx with bind button still pushed!
    5. Have someone else plug battery into esc.
    6. Rx light will blink and go solid.
    7. Release bind button on back of tx.
    8. Unplug everything including bind jumper.
    9. Turn tx off then on then connect battery and test.

mnafkhan likes this.
  6. I plug the rx in so it blinks, then push the bind button on the back of the Tx and when it stops I release, then unplug the rx and pull the bind plug out, then turn off the tx and turn it back on again then plug in rx. I had the same problem you are having because I had my esc wire in the wrong way, try flipping it around. that fixed my problem cuz I had the signal wire and positive wire swapped, hope this helps
  7. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Top Gun

I havent tried that method, but I actually have a separate rx battery on a switch connected into the "battery" terminal (mislabled as the Bind terminal). then when Im ready to power up the rx I just flip the inline switch and it is done. But, I have 9 rx's successfully bound? binded?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  8. RH2011

RH2011 Rookie

Worked perfect. Thanks for your help.
  9. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Top Gun

Which way worked?

10. RH2011

RH2011 Rookie

Yours with the pictures. Helped alot. Thanks
  11. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Top Gun

Glad to hear it. I will also try assoulsdream's method to see
    If it works.
  12. mnafkhan

mnafkhan Rookie

hey, can anyone help me on my problem please.. i messed up with my original turnigy 9x receiver and i bought a new receiver.. but when i try to bind the new receiver, the indicating red bulb in it is not working.. it doesn't indicate anything.. i plugged the bind plug to "batt" and an external battery to "bind".. i had a servo connected to the ch1.. when i connect the battery, the servo worked.. so it means that the power is okay.. but i'v got no way to bind it without that indicating red light... can i get some help in this... please...?
  13. What brand rx is it?

Its just foam not perfection. build it close to the plans and it will fly, then learn to customize. But most of all, JUST HAVE FUN!!!!!
    mnafkhan likes this.
  14. dtribby

dtribby Top Gun

Your battery can go into any channel, but your bind plug needs to go in the "bind" port. Your servo jumps because it gets power from the main bus on the plug terminal, but no signal from the rx. Swap your battery and bind plug and see what happens.

Sent from my R5-D4 astromech droid - for as long as its motivator keeps working.
    mnafkhan likes this.
  15. mnafkhan

mnafkhan Rookie

the brand is the same.. i bought the same rx.. turnigy 9x... i tried all the ways.. but still the red buld is not lighting... :(
  16. dtribby

dtribby Top Gun

So, when you plug the battery in, does ANY light come on? It should blink until it binds, and then go solid. Then you unplug the battery from the Rx, turn off your Tx, and remove the bind plug. Turn on your Tx, and then power up the Rx. The Rx should blink for a few seconds and then go solid.
    mnafkhan likes this.
  17. mnafkhan

mnafkhan Rookie

nope... no lights come up.... and now the servo doesn't work too... is it any problem with the rx..? actually i received it today... is there any thing that i could do...?
  18. mnafkhan

mnafkhan Rookie

this is how i'v connected it... still no any lights... can anyone help please...[​IMG] Snapshot_20130209_1.JPG
  19. Have you tried just going through the motions anyways to see if its a bad LED. And why are u not just using ur esc as power for the rx. Plug it into chanel 3 and nothing else plugged in just to see if anything happens.

Its just foam not perfection. build it close to the plans and it will fly, then learn to customize. But most of all, JUST HAVE FUN!!!!!
    mnafkhan likes this.
  20. mnafkhan

mnafkhan Rookie

nope... it doesn't work that way too... i tried using the ESE as power.. but still it doesn't light up...