Warning! This site requires Javascript. Learn how to enable it here.

The best transmitter?

Discussion in 'Scratchbuild Talk' started by Jeriah, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Jeriah

Jeriah Ace Pilot

What is the best, most durable, long lasting, 6 channel transmitter that I can invest some money into? Does NOT have to be cheap!!!
  2. rubenhak

rubenhak Cadet

Any brand name, spectrum, futaba, etc. Heard of Spectrum dx6i being very good.
  3. squishy

squishy Top Gun

The DX6i...

If money is no issue and you want a TX that will last for a very very long time, get the DX8...I wish I owned one and I will some day, it's a great parkflyer TX, I think the TX only goes for 350.

If you have no money issue, then I would go with JR or Futaba...The Futaba T8FG looks really nice and the JR X9503 which is a little bit harder to program but very powerful, you can program just about anything with these and they have tons of room to grow into. They will even work with just about any airplane you ever want to build and fly, like forever...
    Fletcher3174 likes this.
  4. Jeriah

Jeriah Ace Pilot

thanks for the info! I think ill get the dx6i since everyone is recommending it and I'm a beginner so i think it'll work for now. right?
  5. rubenhak

rubenhak Cadet

definitely!
  6. squishy

squishy Top Gun

oh yeah, the dx6i is perfect for beginners, has what you need without all the fluff...
    gibby1117 likes this.
  7. rodrigo

rodrigo Ace Pilot

the first impression is witout any doubt, in the 6 channel category the Dx6i is the best...surpass the futaba 6EX because interface, easy of program and free use of the switches... Futaba tried to overcome the dx6i with the 6FG, a nice looking tx, has the same functionalities but they change their own transmision standard (FASST) to save cost... bad move

but nobody said nothing about Optic 6 from Hitec.... is a impresive tx... I will post a comparation in the next hour...
  8. little plane flyer

little plane flyer Cadet

i have a dx7s and i love it but the dx6i is the absolute best transmitter for getting started into r c
  9. rodrigo

rodrigo Ace Pilot

here are the chart:
    compare.jpg

in software functions the optic surpass the DX6i, but its interface is from 10 year ago.. just download the manual and read... is the most easy way to make a idea of the tx
  10. rubenhak

rubenhak Cadet

This is how you can setup crow on dx6i: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRAOqQGu3eY

Also, buy any chance could you share that Excel spreadsheet you used. I think that would be beneficial for everybody once it is populated with other radios and more features in case you missed any. I'd also like to see how does Turnigy 9x with ER9x firmware look in this list.
  11. Jeriah

Jeriah Ace Pilot

hello again. I did some research and it looks like the dx8 is much better. I dont want to go over kill on my first radio but what I dont want to do either is buy the dx6i then in a year or or less want more channels/features and but the dx8. I know im not going to quit this hobby so I dont want to spend more money in the long run to save money now. it'll probably be a littlt while before I buy one but hopefully not to long. anyway... what wdo you think would be the best inverstment in the long run.... dx6i or dx8?
  12. Jeriah

Jeriah Ace Pilot

I ment buy not but. lol
  13. rubenhak

rubenhak Cadet

14. Jeriah

Jeriah Ace Pilot

I did sue research and it looks like like the dx8 is way better.I don't want to go overkill on my first radio, but what I really don't want to do is buy the dx6i and in a year or less want more channels/features then but the dx8. what do you think is the best investment in the long run... dx6i or dx8?
  15. Jeriah

Jeriah Ace Pilot

oh wait!!! i reposted it cause i didn't see my last post. lol
  16. rubenhak

rubenhak Cadet

if you're in the budget go with dx8 :) you sill not regret.
  17. JettaManDan

JettaManDan Administrator

DX8 all the way..i have one..LOVE IT..will do anything i ever want..easy to setup and use...would go for it over a DX6i for sure if you have the $$....

best deal anywhere online is www.ultimatehobbies.com - but don't tell anyone ;)

Dan
  18. rodrigo

rodrigo Ace Pilot

do not misunderstand me, the spreadsheet compares only the 6channels tx, that was the original question. I will try to complete the table with more tx... any iinput of JR guys are appreciated, but just at the 9channels because >10 channels are a different category... BTW, I start checking the Er-X9 info and is a impresive... I would buy one has second tx but use JR modules... baaaad

Sure Dx8i is far way better and don´t be afraid about the lot of options... you will use it some day...if you can buy it, go for it
    I readed a lot of manuals and has no doubt about the best brands... all tx from Futaba, JR, Spektrum and Hitec are excellent with the best feautures and quality, (just low end tx from futaba are overpriced stay away of this)... I like the Futaba 8FG, but the rx are expensive.. even orange versions cost 2 times the spektrum clones....again Aurora 9 from Hitec offer a lot (will be my future tx because all my rx and modules are compatible)...
    In summary is a difficult desision... download the manuals and read it , go to Program mix section and try to understand it (maybe the hard part of the tx), you will make a good picture if their interface... ...buy that best suits you and you understand more easily... ore just choose by brand like we buy cars!!
  19. poplharris

poplharris Ace Pilot

Will the Hitek bind with the Spektrum knock off recivers out there you think?
  20. squishy

squishy Top Gun

Nope, I think Hitek has it's own spread spec system..they might have some tx's with jr or fut modules though, then you can do whatever you want.