Scratchbuild the Jeep-O-Plane cool looking bipe

Discussion in 'Scratchbuild Talk' started by RCSquale, Oct 7, 2012.

1. RCSquale

RCSquale Cadet

Here is one I'm busy with these days, it is called the Jeep-O-Plane. Picture 1.png
    It is apparently very floaty bipe with a cool look to it.
    Picture 7.png
    Picture 8.png
    Picture 9.png Now the original scratchbuild pla is for a 30" wing span, I'm doing one that has 42" wingspan and the fuse is Huge!

Should be fun to fly!

2. RCSquale

RCSquale Cadet

Here are my depron sheets traced out: IMG_4521.jpg

IMG_4520.JPG

IMG_4519.jpg

IMG_4518.jpg

Here are my parts cut out... little cleaning to be done and it will be ready to e assembled.

IMG_4539.jpg

3. erajomppa

erajomppa Ace Pilot

Yikes thats gonna be big and chubby plane ;) Im looking forward to see your progress.

Sent via tapatalk

4. RCSquale

RCSquale Cadet

Yes indeed buddy, I'm telling you it won't be a rocket lol

A Belgian lost overseas

5. erajomppa

erajomppa Ace Pilot

Im more of a slowflyer :p Im gonna receive a package of depron today so I might start working on a new plane. I have been designing a small 30-35inch span bipe on my mind, made especially for close range fpv. Im gonna "borrow" some of thewing diameters of BYOB.

Yours looks like it could house a camera in the nose too ;)

Sent via tapatalk

6. RCSquale

RCSquale Cadet

It is defenitly able to carry a cam in the nose, I would say it will be in the cabin itself.

I'm scarpping Tata 4x4 that are Indian made with a right handside steering wheel, they are all equipped with a rear view camera and the display in the rear view mirror. That I'm dismantling now and see if I can use that as an FPV cam, I got 4 of them, surely there will be at least one or two working...

If they don't I'll use my regular keychain cam or could use my GoPro as well, so I have many video option in hand right now.

I'm intending to modify it for sea take off since I have a large fuselage, I was thinking upon successful maiden to add a step and floater on the bottom wing like the Polaris, that should work nicely.

7. RCSquale

RCSquale Cadet

Here is the gear I manage to salvage from those Tata 4X4 IMG_5178.jpg
    IMG_5179.jpg
    IMG_5180.jpg

Obviously the display screen to be removed from the rear view mirror. I have 4 set like this one and I hope they work.

8. OK what junk yard did you steal this awsome gear from?

Steel

9. RCSquale

RCSquale Cadet

Well actually these vehicle are coming back from SriLanka project we had and instead of selling these alsmost brand new junk (2011 model, lol!) Quality hey! They send us back the vehicle here in the UAE so as we can do nothing for them since they are right handed steering wheels we have to scrap them.
    That is why I decided to salvage the cams.

Problem is the display is inverted with these rear view cam... Meaning when I will turn right it will show me left direction and left will show me right direction.

Now i'm wondering if this can be solved redoing connection? I have no idea what I'm talking about here, just wild guessing...

If anyone have any ideas about this please feel free to advise.

Cheers!

10. if you swap the connectors then you should be able to invert the already inverted image, as in positive the negative and negative to positive. This should be what they did to invert the view on the screen in the first place.

Steel

11. RCSquale

RCSquale Cadet

Well apparently the reverted image is coming from the cam and not from the display itself...
    A friend of mine bought one here on the Chinese market, it was a rear view cam and it is the cam that provide inverted views... So maybe there is a way to invert that image on the display but I have no experience in that ...

12. try to reverse the cables like i said above, that should work.

Steel