replacement Antenna for Dynam 2.4ghz transmitter (hawksky)

Discussion in 'Scratchbuild Talk' started by ajag, Jul 22, 2011.

1. ajag

ajag Rookie

Hello all,

The Antenna of my transmitter broke and I would like to replace it. I have not taken the transmitter appart yet, but I assume it is possible? Does anyone know of a compatible antenna I can use and where to get it from? preferably from the UK?

THanks!

2. ajag

ajag Rookie

Actually to be precise, it was the inner wire that got torn. Nothing happened to the outter shell. Maybe tips on repairing the wire?

3. ajag

ajag Rookie

Just a quick update on this in case anyone else every has this problem. I managed to replace the antenna of my Dynam Transmitter with the Antenna of a DX6i. The complete product name is Spektrum Antenna SPMR7500 for DX2/DX3/DX6/DX6i/DX7

It all seems to work fine but I have not flown the plane yet. I will report back once I have a chance to fly it.

4. ShadowRyder

ShadowRyder Cadet

If it happens in the future, if you can get the wire out where you can work on it without melting the outer shell you can solder the wire back together and it should work fine.

5. ajag

ajag Rookie

That is what I was planning on doing, but when I looked at the cable it seemed to have an inner core just like any other coaxial cable used for antennas so I didn't go for it. It wasn't hard at all to change the cable and there was no soldering required. Just remove a bunch of hot glue that secures the connector in place, unplug the old antenna, plug the new one in and then add a bit more of hot glue.

You do have to be careful as the connector is sandwiched between to PCBs so you either have to un-solder and re-solder it to do it, or carefully spread them apart. I did the latter.