RCPowers on Compete.com

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Flightman, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Flightman

Flightman Ace Pilot

Wow, RCPowers fourm has really been taking a dip in visits and unique visitors this month. Says compete.com

2. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Top Gun

Crankshaw and I were just talking about this. We noticed very few people building these planes. I think only 4 eurofighters have been maidened? Very few f18's also. I remember the days of the f22 v2 and f117 v2. Lots of interest. What's going on? This hobby is so affordable in a bad economy you would think that interest would continue.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

3. E-R2015

E-R2015 Rookie

Yeah this has troubled me as well. I'm sure that Dave is making lots of sales on the eCourse, but it just needs more publicity and advertising to start snowballing I think. and that just takes time. Idk.

4. dtribby

dtribby Top Gun

Maybe the summer heat is keeping people in more this summer? I wonder what the seasonal shift in post counts looks like.

5. davidjcom

davidjcom Rookie

For me it's just to much to do during the summer and most of my building is during the cold months.

That's just me

6. teflonbubba91

teflonbubba91 Cadet

It's vacation season, so a seasonal dip at this time each year would be normal. Family trips and then back-to-school.

7. Argonath

Argonath Top Gun

it's a combination of things. Summer vacations, heat, people wanting to spend time out with friends, summer stuff just sort of takes over.

8. Kozmyk

Kozmyk Rookie

I'm new to DIY foamies but I'm gearing up to build the EX300 then probably the F-22v2.
    My other fixed wings are ARTFs; an AXN Floater and an HK DH Mosquito.
    The Mossie is staying in the box, probably till after the EX300, maybe after the F-22.
    I also have eyes on the Multiplex Fun Cub, E-Flite Hurricane, FMS or Durafly Spitfire.
    I prefer Hurris to Spits. That's just me.

The summer theory fits my situation.
    What little leisure time I can get out on is for my helis.
    Come the autumn/winter I will be building.

I bought the audio course. One, for the utility of gathering all that useful info into one place for easy access and Two, to support RCPowers whose videos have been both instructive and entertaining.

9. DavePowers

DavePowers Administrator

Sigh........
    No, the site traffic is just fine, thanks so much.
    We had our web address changed for awhile to "RCPowrs.com/index2" to fix some tech issues.
    All our traffic was routed to that "new site".
    Its back to the original "RCPowers.com" address and you'll see the numbers go right back up in the next month.

* The actual numbers are our website, forum, and YouTube channel are they all trending up at a slight steady pase.

10. davidjcom

davidjcom Rookie

Good to hear Dave wouldn't want anything to slow your great work down.
    Thanks

11. Raptor3DPilot

Raptor3DPilot Airman

Keep up the great work and the awesome videos! I definitely plan to purchase the eAudio course, but I have to wait til the my "RC allowance" gets refilled in Sept because I just bought a bunch of stuff for my RCP F-22v2. Ahh man, hate being on a "budget", but I must keep my priorities straight. :)

Is it Monday yet so we can see another video????