Warning! This site requires Javascript. Learn how to enable it here.

Precordial Catch Syndrome

Discussion in 'Personal & Business' started by all4smallrc, Oct 13, 2010.

1. all4smallrc

all4smallrc Airman

I'm getting a bit worried. I've been experiencing a mild case of Precordial Catch Syndrome. But what worries me is that it's been ongoing for almost 17 hours! Usually it only lasts a minute! It kept me from sleeping all night last night and it's getting to the point where it doesn't even bother me that much anymore because I'm getting used to it! I've tried the deep breath thing several times, but the pain doesn't go away like usual. Hmm. This can't be good.
  2. all4smallrc

all4smallrc Airman

Well, there's 18 hours. I probably going to die soon.
  3. DJRubberCow

DJRubberCow Cadet

Dude see a doctor with that!
    Less Panic, more Information :)
    From what I read from wikipedia, PCS should not last over 30 minutes so you probably have something else.
    See? your chances of dying soon have just increased :-D

Just kidding. But you really should see a doctor ASAP
  4. all4smallrc

all4smallrc Airman

I've had PCS many many times before. I know what it feels like, and this is just like it. The only difference is that this time it is lasting extremely long. So you might be right. Maybe it is something else. Too bad the doctors in town are LAME-O!
  5. all4smallrc

all4smallrc Airman

Oh, and here's another interesting bit of info I left out. When I'm standing or even sitting, it's almost unnoticeable. I only experience pain when I breath in at much as I can or out as much as I can. However, when I lie down, it gets excruciatingly painful. The odd thing is, if I lie on my back, it's about the same as standing, and when I lie on my right side, the pain goes away completely, even when I breath deeply, but when I lie on my stomach or left side, it's almost unbearable. Does anyone know what this might mean?

And here comes 19 hours.
  6. Argonath

Argonath Ace Pilot

it means you should go and see a DOCTOR. Is the pain on the lower right or lower left of your ribcage? Does the pain radiate through to the right side of your spine below your right shoulder blade?
  7. all4smallrc

all4smallrc Airman

And 23 hours later, it's still there. I think I will call the doctor if it's still there tomorrow. The pain does not radiate anywhere else. It is very centralized like PCS usually is. It's kind of in the middle-ish area of the left side of my ribcage.
  8. Argonath

Argonath Ace Pilot

It's your pancreas. j/k. All jokes aside, the Pancreas is on the left side of your chest and can cause pain like you describe as well (Called Pancreatitus) but if you have known PCS already then at this point I would definitely have it checked out.

Pancreatitus can be caused by an issue with the bile duct being blocked or impeded. It secretes the digestive juices into the Duodenum so that you can digest your food and when it cannot, some symptoms are like those you describe and can sometimes be mistaken for a heart attack as well.

The reason you would experience pancreatic pain is because the gall bladder either has a stone the blocked the bile duct, you passed a stone and are currently experiencing an irritated bile duct (or blockage) or the bile secretions from the gall bladder into the bile duct were very thick and are causing the tube to seem blocked.

The issue when this happens is that the digestive juices from the pancreas, that would normally flow through the bile duct into the duodenum are being blocked from doing so. The result is that this acid is staying in the pancreas and for all intents and purposes trying to digest your pancreas causing you pain instead.

A simple blood test at any hospital or clinic should be able to determine whether you are experiencing a billiary collic or not. If it's positive, you have a gall bladder issue. If it's not, it's something else.

I just went through a pancreatitus and they removed my gall bladder. It's not a big deal and is considered day surgery here. Recovery is typically 2 weeks to be up and around again and 6 weeks before you can start doing anything involving heavy lifting / exercise.
  9. squishy

squishy Top Gun

Maybe it's a kidney stone...
  10. all4smallrc

all4smallrc Airman

I highly doubt it is any of that. It's higher up than that.
  11. kevinm

kevinm Rookie

dibs on the 4" wingspan plane! ! ! ahem - yea, what they said--- hey, i know! lets sell squares on whos going first ! ! ok ok ill be quiet
  12. all4smallrc

all4smallrc Airman

Sorry, the 4" one isn't together at the moment. You'll have to settle for my 8in hotliner.
  13. all4smallrc

all4smallrc Airman

Well, I'm still alive after over 38 hours. I'm seeing a doctor this morning, so hopefully they can tell me what it is.
  14. all4smallrc

all4smallrc Airman

The doctor said I am in perfect health and it's nothing to worry about. He said to just give it time and take ibuprofen to ease the pain.
  15. squishy

squishy Top Gun

oh man, you're definitely gonna die now...
  16. Argonath

Argonath Ace Pilot

I agree. So when do we hold the wake? We can at least invite him so that he can attend before it kills him.

Might as well party to death then writhe in agony and die.
  17. all4smallrc

all4smallrc Airman

Well, you guys can either take dibs on all my planes, or before I die, we can all get together, fly them, and then crash them epically over and over until they are toast (which would be more fun for me). Here's what I've got at the moment. Parkzone Stryker, Starmax Gripen, Liteflight Bug (needs repairs though), Multiplex Fox (glider with aileron/flapperon/spoilerons and elevator), 10in 2ch hotliner "Speed Stick", 20in Viperwing EDF30, 16in 3ch slow flyer "Outline", X600D V2 quadcopter, and a partially completed 18in Matchless Juka using Sukhoi guts. I've also got a Parkzone Sukhoi body in mint condition, several busted up retired airframes, some foam of all types, and quite a bit of very small electronics, motors, batteries, etc. For those not interested in planes or helis, I've got a Proboat Apache 24 (RTF with grease gun and brand new grease bottle), and an upgraded HPI Micro RS4 and upgraded Losi Mini-T that share electronics (it literally takes like a half an hour to switch the electronics around).
  18. Argonath

Argonath Ace Pilot

Hey, we haven't written you off yet. ;)
  19. all4smallrc

all4smallrc Airman

This morning I woke up with no pain. :) I'm not sure if these is because it's gone or simply because I took Motrin last evening though. We'll just have to see as the day progresses.
  20. all4smallrc

all4smallrc Airman

Well, it would seem it has gone away! Sorry to disappoint anyone who was hoping to get my stuff after I died. :p