New beginner TX available (flysky FS-T6)

Discussion in 'Scratchbuild Talk' started by squishy, Aug 27, 2012.

1. squishy

squishy Top Gun

Looks like the T6 with a computer added, only 49 bucks...

[​IMG]

FlySky Introduces its newest 6 channel 2.4GHz system, The FS-T6. After years of success with the CT6B, FlySky presents the new FS-T6 with loads of cool and convenient features making the operation of this transmitter simple and instinctive.
    The 6-channel FlySky FS-T6 is the perfect transmitter for sport modelers who want the power of a programmable transmitter but don't necessarily need a lot of excess features they do not use. It includes all of the important features and programmable parameters to support a variety of helicopters, gliders, and airplanes. It even has the ability to store 20 models allowing the user to save a whole fleet of aircrafts.
    Programming the FS-T6 is very easy and intuitive. It is implemented with a simple click and scroll dial allowing quick and easy menu navigation and manipulation. The large backlite LCD screen with large fonts is easy to read and the simplified menus will immediately put first-time programmers at ease. Many programming functions like throttle curves and expo are graphically depicted to give you a clearer picture of the changes you're making.
    FlySky’s AFHDS (Automatic Frequency Hopping Digital System) 2.4GHz system offers a lot of advantages. It is equipped with a super active and passive anti-jamming capability and has very low power consumption with high receiver sensitivity. The 2.4GHz system puts the radio out of the frequency range by any “noise” generated by other electronic components in your model such as the brushless motor, speed controller, servos, or other metal to metal noise. This eliminates interference and glitching that can plague a traditional radio system. Extreme rigorous testing by FlySky engineers makes this AFHDS system solid and worthy.
    Specifications:
    Channels: 6 Channels
    Model Type: Glider/Heli/Airplane
    RF Range: 2.40-2.48GHz
    Bandwidth: 500Hz
    Band: 160
    RF Power: Less Than 20dBm
    2.4ghz System: AFHDS
    Code Type: GFSK
    Sensitivity: 1024
    Low Voltage Warning: 9V
    DSC Port: PS2;Output:pPM
    Charger Port: Yes
    Power: 12V DC (1.5AA*8)
    Weight: 590g
    ANT Length: 26mm
    Size: 302x190x93mm
    Color: Black/Silver
    Certificate: CE,FCC

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-t6-6ch-radio-lcd.html

AccidentalStuntPilot likes this.
  2. squishy

squishy Top Gun

HK also has a new 6 channel, released at the same time, I don't know yet if it's the same radio. HK also has a new 4chan...

3. JettaManDan

JettaManDan Administrator

saw that today on Hobbypartz web e-mail..not a bad deal at all...

4. dtribby

dtribby Top Gun

Finally ripped the DX6i, huh? This hobby is getting more affordable for beginners every day.

ghostrider03z likes this.
  5. Seems pretty good, especially for the price.

6. Jeriah

Jeriah Ace Pilot

more Chinese stuff lol. no it looks pretty good

7. squishy

squishy Top Gun

lol, I agree , show me a good american made TX and I will buy it...

crazypotatos likes this.
  8. HobbyKing just released this TX for $46:
    [​IMG]
    The Turnigy 6XS is a great entry level 6 Channel 2.4ghz Computer Transmitter that uses solid and reliable FHSS spread spectrum technology. The Turnigy 6XS has both a nice quality look and feel, the programming is both clear and simple to use, the 6XS also has an impressive list of features and includes an XR700 reciever. Suitable for both model Heli and Airplane, the Turnigy 6XS is a superb budget computer radio for both new pilots and experienced pilots alike!
    Features:Dual Rate/Trims/Gear/Flap/Gyro Gain Adjust/Flight Mode/Throttle Hold/Hover Pitch Switches
    Trainer Port
    Charging Port
    LCD Screen
    Easy to use Programming & Navigation Buttons
    Supports Heli/Standard Wing/Elevon/V-Tail
    6 Model Memory
    Model Name
    4 Stick Mode Selectable
    Trainer Mode
    Basic Programme Functions:
    Dual Rates
    Sub Trim
    Travel Adjust
    Channel Reverse
    Swash Mix
    Gyro Sensitivity
    Throttle Curve
    Monitor
    Pitch Curve
    Throttle Hold
    Model Name
    Timer
    Turnigy 6XS Transmitter Specs:Frequency: 2.4ghz ISM Frequency RangeModulation: GFSKSpread Spectrum Mode: FHSSNumber of Frequency Channels: 20Output Power: <=20dbmWorking Current: <=100mAWorking Voltage: 1.2v x 4 (AA/Nimh)Dimensions: 200mm x 185mm x 105mm
    Turnigy XR700 Reciever Specs:Channel: 7 (inc RX Battery Input)Frequency: 2.4g ISM Frequency Range
    Power: 4.5v ~ 9.6v/<30maNet Weight: 11.5gDimensions: 41mm x 28mm x 14mm
    Requires:
    4 x AA Type Battery For Operation

9. The FlySky TX seems better for the price.

ghostrider03z likes this.
  10. Howard Motz

Howard Motz Rookie

Does this include a RX? Doesn't mention it. If not. Minds as well get the RX9. Because the RX is 15.00 more dollars.

11. squishy

squishy Top Gun

deductive reasoning would support the fact that it comes with a RX, all TX's come with a RX, unless they are sold specifically as "TX only".

12. Howard Motz

Howard Motz Rookie

I'm new to the hobby. So, I don't think deductive reasoning has any thing to do with it! On HobbyPartz. com where it is sold. The 9 channel Flysky. specifically says. Comes with RX. The 6 channel doesn't. So, I think my question is reasonable. But thanks anyway.

13. squishy

squishy Top Gun

I understand. This question is only answered via experience, I explained how I came to it using my experience. I can tell you are new just by the question, no need to explain, this is what we are here for.

If it didn't come with a RX, it would state which RX's is it compatible with, or there would be a link or "required" section pointing you to the RX. It can be assumed that a TX is worthless without an RX and in my experience any cheap TX will come with one RX. This is because they are normally only compatible with that brand, where as speckrum, JR, Futaba have defined protocols such as DSM, DSM2, DSMX, Faast and so on and so on....

this TX I posted above most likely has it's own frequency hopping protocol (stated as AFHDS) and therefore would require an RX or it would be worthless.

14. squishy

squishy Top Gun

I am sure they will be selling the RX separately as well and it might even be compatible with other similar, and even re-branded, tx's like those from HK. They kind of all come from the same Chinese factories anyhoo...

15. Bhuwan

Bhuwan Airman

I have a FS-TH9X and I am very happy with it.

16. I have FS-TH9X and I'm happy with it too.

17. dtribby

dtribby Top Gun

Ditto - happy with it, but once you flash it, you need to have some knowhow to properly take advantage of your options. I never bothered with the stock firmware, so I cna't say if it was even user-friendly or not. But now that I understand this latest version of ER9X a bit better, it's an AWESOME system. Jsut wish there was an updated manual out there. The lastest version has a bunch of (cool) new changes that I've been muddling through.

18. Bhuwan

Bhuwan Airman

Yeah ER9X is def the way to go.

19. poplharris

poplharris Ace Pilot

Thats pretty cool but I still dont see any Expo in there. I think Im going to go with Spektrum.
    thanks
    Don

20. rodrigo

rodrigo Ace Pilot

hey guys I found the manual and I readed the important;
    20 memories
    8 character names
    Dual rate/ Expo for chanels 1-2-4 (this is for you Don!!!)
    T6 expo.jpg
    throttle curve (4 points)
    Subtrim
    End point
    3 Mix program incliding offset
    Elevon Delta mix ( Aileron elevator mix, erroneously named vtail )
    graphic display for each channels
    switch (4) or knob (2) asignability to any aux channel (5 or 6) (anybody remember the problem of use channel 5 or gear in any aux function in mix programs??? forget this)
    it seems the rx is the same than CT-6B
    Upgradeable firmware... are you thinking the same than I think? 6er firmware?

For sure is a serious competitor to any famous branded 6channel tx...
    what it miss? compared to Dx6i, Hitec Optic6 or futaba 6ex, only more built in programs like:
    FLAPERON, VTAIL, LAND MODE or AIRBRAKE (two position flaps for example), RUDDER TO AILERON MIX, ELEVATOR TO FLAP MIX

is a excellent choice for this price
    definitely I recommend this to a friend who does not want to spend much....