Warning! This site requires Javascript. Learn how to enable it here.

hobbyking shipping

Discussion in 'Scratchbuild Talk' started by ghostrider03z, Apr 4, 2012.

1. ghostrider03z

ghostrider03z Top Gun

Now that there is a U.S. warehouse and i live in the U.S....is the shipping cheaper/faster?
  2. squishy

squishy Top Gun

Yes..but the product prices are a little higher, because they paid to get the products into the US warehouse...so it's only real benefit is shipping speed...and from my experience sometimes it's slower. Generally it is very fast, but I have ordered from US warehouse and China at the same time and received the stuff from China 1st. I have no idea why or how this happens, but it does, I have heard of other stories as well. I just ordered a funfighter P51 from the US warehouse, my buddy said he got it in four days. I ordered 5 days ago, so we'll see if it shows up today or not...

I find Valuehobby and hobbypartz to be the fastest shippers in the US, at least for me. I can get some batteries within dayz for free shipping. What you need to do is learn to shop around and buy the things you need where they are the cheapest, as to shipping times, you will only learn from experience, each persons house is a different story and it's a subjective aspect to it..
  3. ghostrider03z

ghostrider03z Top Gun

ok. that helps a lot. Ive got a few parts i need from hobbyking but ive heard lots about the shipping. So ill probable get those parts somewhere else.
  4. JettaManDan

JettaManDan Administrator

totally agree...i really like the 45-90c nano-tech lipo's from hobbyking..but they are not available in the U.S. - so shipping by swiss post is like 3-5 weeks..blows..so i know i have to wait...as Squishy said 95% of the lipo's i order are from Hbbypartz or valuehobby...fast shipping and good packs...40c sky lipo's are my battery of choice right now...
  5. 1morecrash

1morecrash Airman

ive had a couple orders from hobbykings international website and as long as you pay for the EMS shipping it will be on your doorstep in a week maximum in my expierence. ems is around 20 dollars i think but i always do comparisons of what its gonna cost from hobbyking and then what its gonna cost from, lets say grayson. hobbyking is almost always cheaper even with 20 dollar shipping. i have also ordered from the us warehouse and the shipping is super super slow unless you get the ups ground which i believe is like 5 dollars more than the standard :)
  6. reinitz001

reinitz001 Airman

For me it usually takes 3 weeks to a month to get stuff from the Hong Kong warehouse but this past order I used the EMS shipping and it took less than a week. Ordered on Monday picked it up at my post office on Friday. I think it also depends on what your ordering. I think there are special rules concerning lipo batteries so they usually take longer to ship.