hobbyking sent me a catalog from JAPAN

Discussion in 'Scratchbuild Talk' started by crazypotatos, Sep 5, 2012.

1. crazypotatos

crazypotatos Cadet

I don't know if they do this regularly, but hobbyking sent me a catalog from Japan. it said on the front 012.5 yen for the postage. i thought it would cost more than $0.15 to send something from japan to the US. since a stamp here in the us is like $0.45. Funny too because this is the "02 Issue July 2012" and its september lol. Anyone else get this? I never signed up or paid for a catalog, unless it is included when you sign up for an account.

2. kiwi flyer

kiwi flyer Cadet

yes i got one as well .

3. Cymerguy

Cymerguy Rookie

And here's the kicker. They are not willing to honor any of the prices in the catalog. I went to the website to order a kit. Found the price to be higher than the one in the catalog. Talked with "customer support" and they said those prices were from July and they would not honor them. LOL, expired before it even got sent out.

4. fishwhisperer83

fishwhisperer83 Ace Pilot

Ya I got one too. Kinda useless in my opinion since all the prices are so old.

5. northstarflyer

northstarflyer Cadet

I also got one from julyo_O

6. crazypotatos

crazypotatos Cadet

Yea I don't really know why they would spend money on it if it is going to be 2 months late lol. Although, I watched their video they did today on that X-8 "flying wing" type plane, pretty cool. Expensive, but its nearly 7 feet wide and they say it is meant to cruise at like 60mph..

7. 1morecrash

1morecrash Airman

yup i got one

8. Corbarrad

Corbarrad Cadet

I got the catalog as well.

I don't know why their prices are so low in the catalog. Prices in printed catalogs are not considered legally binding in germany since there's always the possibility of printers error and whatnot. It seems strange though since any customer logging onto their site is going to be disappointed right then and there..
    What I can explain is the postage paid since the chinese currency (yuan) uses the same international symbol that the yen does. at the current rate that would be around US$ 1.90