Warning! This site requires Javascript. Learn how to enable it here.

hobby zone super cub upgrades

Discussion in 'RTF / ARF Helis & Planes' started by kiwi flyer, Sep 11, 2011.

1. kiwi flyer

kiwi flyer Cadet

I had a standard hobby zone super cub ,it used to have the old 8.4 v nicad batterys.
    I have upgraded to 11.1v lipo battery , also I took out all the old rc gear, and replaced it with spectrum .
    on the wings I put ailerons and flaps , now I thinking about upgrading the motor to a brushless one any suggestions :cool: on what would be the best.?

Thanks Kiwi flyer
  2. Tooombucket

Tooombucket Cadet

3. sukhoi69

sukhoi69 Cadet

I still like the super cub. Don't have it anymore I had the older version too and upgraded the same as you made it a lot better plane. I learned to fly on one and so did my son. With aileron mod I still think it is the best learner plane around. I went through a few other planes and couldn't fly until I got the cub and flrw first time no crash so gentle and smooth. Number 1 for learning in my opinion. Can't say enough about this plane loved it.
  4. Minfang Duan

Minfang Duan Cadet

i want to upgrade my super cub aswell but i have the lp version with the 1300mah 11.1v batt what should i do to it?
  5. sukhoi69

sukhoi69 Cadet

You can cut and hinge ailerons and if you want flaps. A bigger Mah battery, and you can cut a groove in the wing underneath and epoxy a carbon rod in put some heavy weight on top until dry this will take some of the dihedral out of the wing you will find it won't be as stable or self correcting but as it is designed to fly with rudder only this will make the ailerons more effective. You can also setup a servo for bomb drops etc.