Warning! This site requires Javascript. Learn how to enable it here.

Help with Dx9 programming

Discussion in 'Scratchbuild Talk' started by Slobberknocker, Dec 6, 2013.

?

How many hours a week do you spend working on, or flying your aircraft?

Poll closed Mar 6, 2014.
  1. Less than 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 5-10

20.0%
  3. 11-15

20.0%
  4. More than 15

60.0%
  1. Slobberknocker

Slobberknocker Cadet

This is beginning to be a popular radio so I thought it would be good to have a thread that would address the features this radio has to offer. More specifically to ask questions and share experiences as they pertain only to the Spectrum DX9

I know there are tons of opinions for and against this radio, but I would like to keep those out and just have a QnA thread for those trying to sort through its many features.

Many of you guys have found ways to do some very creative things with your 5,6, and 7 channel radios. Please chime in. Others have 8,11, or even 18 channel radios that have some really handy features built in. You I will need some help from.

So....I'll start.

Some of these jets have some fairly complicated mixing and programing needs. Especially when you set up a 6 servo plane with v-tail, elevons, flaperons etc. The DX9 simplifies all of that.

My question is this.
    I have a DX6I that I want to use for training my son. The DX9 has a wireless buddy box system just for this. It also has some very easy to set up preprogrammed, multi servo, wing and tail types to use.
    How can I get my DX6i to slave through my DX9 and still operate those preprogrammed mixes? As it is now, when I slave the 6 to the 9, it will only operate 1 of the 2 elevator servos on my F-35. The DX9 is setup using the dual servo tail selection preprogrammed in it. Does the slave radio to the DX9 need to have the same programming ability as the 9? HH advertisements and videos suggest that ALL the programming is delivered by the DX9 and the slave radio is simply an extension of the gimbles and/or switches.

Please help!
  2. theyungone

theyungone Cadet

Someone correct me if im wrong but i think i read somewhere that you need to have both tx programmed the same way delta wing,vtail, etc and channel reversing too. Is your f35 set up for delta wing on your dx9? Im guessing the reason only 1 servo works is because your dx9 has delta wing set up and your dx6i isnt set up with delta wing. hope this helps
  3. Slobberknocker

Slobberknocker Cadet

Thanks thryungone. That's what I have heard as well but all the DX9 videos I have seen state that you don't have to set up anything in the slave radio to match the master. That piece made me real excited about getting the 9.
    But I think I figured it out! (Not real sure how)
    The 9 is set for dual ailerons and dual elevator servos. When I view the monitor on my 9 it shows channel 1 is throttle,2 is right aileron,3 is right elevator,4 is left aileron and 5 is left elevator. That is the order that I plugged my servos into the receiver as well. When I fire up my 6, those are not the same channel assignments. So I activated both mixes on the 6 to get the monitor to match the monitor on the 9 and presto! It works. The 9 handles all the trims, reversing, subtrim, servo travel, dual rates, expo etc. The 6 is just a blank model with just the mixes activated to match the 9. Easy. The 9 becomes a true master radio that's in control and not just simply passing on the info from the slave radio to the aircraft.
    I'm going to really like this radio I think!
  4. Grabber5.0

Grabber5.0 Airman

5. rodrigo

rodrigo Ace Pilot

I'm not Spektrum user but on any futaba or hitec slave radio you will need basic Or default configuration ... no mixes no delta wing no dual rate no EXPO or the result could be weird ... just the channels direction should be the same ( reverse or normal)
    theyungone is wrong... it has not sense have a high end slave to reproduce the same settings than master radio
    Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 mediante Tapatalk