Warning! This site requires Javascript. Learn how to enable it here.

Geobat :: Flying Saucer Design (works!)

Discussion in 'Everything Scratchbuild (Questions & Chit-Chat)' started by Dredogol, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Dredogol

Dredogol M0DERATOR - (aka "Dred")

Alright, this is a post dedicated to the GEOBAT.
    http://www.geobat.com/

[​IMG]

It is a flying saucer plane design, and it actually works.
    A working prototype exists, and has passed wind-tunnel tests.

Enjoy...

2. all4smallrc

all4smallrc Airman

I love the Geobat. It really is an amazing design! I actually put my own twist on it too not all that long ago.

Attached Files:

3. Keegles

Keegles Rookie

Did that fly?
  4. all4smallrc

all4smallrc Airman

It sure did! It flew very well. I had it setup to seperately drop two "bombs" too. It was loads of fun. I was so sad to take it apart when I needed the electronics for another project.
  5. Dredogol

Dredogol M0DERATOR - (aka "Dred")

If you think about it...

The Geobat is nothing but a "round" shaped flying wing, with a flat tail section.
    Since the front end is a full lifting surface, and the tail is just control surfaces... it kinda makes sense, and the flying properties are probably very similar.
  6. Mooshu Beef

Mooshu Beef Rookie

Very cool!

I love the transfer rods for the elevons. Where do you get supplies like that?
  7. GameLeaf

GameLeaf Rookie

This looks like a lot of fun.

I have been checking out a lot of the various threads on this forum, and I'm really getting into it. I'm still waiting for my Hawk Sky to arrive, and I'm already thinking about building a plane from scratch :D
  8. Sonicjet

Sonicjet Rookie

Actually the geobat flies more like an p-38 or Cessna Skymaster than an flying wing,its design gives it an main wing (first 50% of the wing) tail section(AKA last 50% of the plane)