Warning! This site requires Javascript. Learn how to enable it here.

FlySky TH9x Help...

Discussion in 'Scratchbuild Talk' started by thesull, Dec 5, 2011.

1. thesull

thesull Cadet

I have a FlySky TH9x and I cannot get it configured for the life of me. I have been messing with it for three days now.

This is my current configuration:
    Mode 2

Throttle on the LEFT stick UP/DOWN

Ailerons on the RIGHT stick

UP is Lower RIGHT at 5o clock
    DOWN is Upper LEFT at 10o clock
    UP/DOWN is right aileron
    LEFT/RIGHT is left aileron

How do I mix the two to be centered on the UP/DOWN feature like it should be?

being DOWN is up
    and UP is down

Help??
  2. thesull

thesull Cadet

I just had a thought... do I need a y cable of some sort to put on the channel two so it uses the TWO servos to go up and down? I am on a learning curve here..

I was thinking I could splice the wires from the servo on the left and then cross the two on chan 2 so that way when I go down both go down and so forth?

Or is there a way to do this thru the remote??

I am totally lost :/
  3. thesull

thesull Cadet

I think I am going to test my theory...

So I am going to reverse the signal on the second servo and splice into the other...

I dunno if this is correct.. someone who has more knowledge please share.

I have the radio + receiver

BEC to REC BATT port
    Servo 1 to CHAN 1
    Servo 2 to CHAN 3
    ENGINE to CHAN 2

I push up and down on the right stick and only 1 flap moves.. so I was thinking I could cut into the power of the other servo... I was looking online and found y splitter things for a couple bucks... so these things exist.

Fingers crossed.
  4. certaut

certaut Cadet

Sounds like you need to re-calibrate the transmitter, so it "learns" the full travel of the sticks.

Instructions for calibration as below:

1. Push the right lower trim tab to the left and the left side trim tab up, and while holding them, turn the Tx on. You will get a screen that shows the version number of the firmware, with four zeroes (0000) at the top of the screen.

2. Center both sticks in their range in all axis, and press the menu button until it beeps and release. The screen number will change to 0001.

3. Move the right stick to the upper right corner, and press menu, and you should get a beep, and the number on the screen will change to 0002.

4. Put the right stick in the lower left corner, and press menu, and get a beep, and the number will change to 0003.

5. Release the right stick, and put the left stick in the upper right corner, and press menu, get the beep, and the number will change to 0004.

6. Put the left stick in the lower left corner, and press menu again, get the beep and the number will change to 0005.

7. Center both sticks, and press menu, get the beep. You are done calibrating the sticks.

While at the same screen, press the + key, the screen will change, and you will get the position of the controls in hex code. You can see the numbers change as you move the sticks or knobs. Press - to go back to the firmware version screen. Exit the firmware screen, and go to the Display menu item. As long as you haven't turned the TX off, you will see the hex codes for stick positions for the 4 primary controls. Once you turn the tx off and back on, and go back to the Display menu item, the numbers will disappear.

Credit for these instructions goes to "jonlowe" from the rcgroups.com forum.

as far as the mixing in the settings menu I have my elevon ;
    State ACT

AIL1 060 060
    AIL2 060 060
    ELE1 -060
    ELE2 060

1servo in ch1,, the other in ch2,,throttle ch3
  5. bobbyperu

bobbyperu Airman

I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to do here, but I assume you are trying to to set up ailerons on two different channels. I also assume you use the stock firmware. Please correct me if any of this is wrong!
    You can do this without an y-splitter.

It sounds like you have one servo connected to aileron(Ch1) to and one elevator(Ch2).
    Unplug the servo in elevator(Ch2) and move it to Flaps(Ch6).

Then go to the menu PROG.MIX -> MIX1
    Set these values:
    STATE ACT
    MASTER AIL
    SLAVE FLP
    OFFSET 0
    UPRATE 100
    DNRATE 100
    SW ON

Exit menu using the MENU button! (Or else it will not save settings)

Check if the servos move in opposite direction, if not go to REVERSE menu and reverse either the AIL or the FLP channel.
  6. Fei_Hu

Fei_Hu Airman

7. rodrigo

rodrigo Ace Pilot

english is not my lenguage, but I acknowledge that the wording of the original question is quite complicated and didn´t understand anything ...
    explain the problem first...What are you trying to do? are you trying to make elevons, making a tricopter with strange controls or what?
    and then explains the "symptoms"
  8. thesull

thesull Cadet

I <3 you guys lol

Omg I feel retarded now.

So to start... I had one of the servo wired reversed. Should have checked this because the first time I went to throw my plane the fan was blowing the wrong way :/ I also had the servos in the wrong order... as stated above.

Second. I had the stick configuration totally messed up as well.. where I had 'made' the attempt to fix it...

Third... My 'home' made Y harness worked for one person only... to confuse me.

So; All in all.

I want to say thank you for your prompt responses and your time to stop and help me. Since I am new I have pointed several people to this site. One of my work colleagues has bought plans and I am going to help him put together his plane.

Thank you. You have kept my enthusiasm at an all time high... Now I need to find glow in the dark paint and some LEDs to install on the plane... Hmmm... WHITE for the top and red for the bottom? Night flying? Ok I am getting ahead of myself... lol

Thank you.
    Sulli
  9. thesull

thesull Cadet

I hate to post another question so soon but I just noticed something. On one of my control surfaces... one servo is getting more pitch UP than the other... Do I need to look at the mounting position of the servo or is there a reason to why one servo is getting about .25" more movement up than another? I measured everything out and made it as clean as I knew to and tried to be precise... I am just curious now...

Now that the control surfaces are working together correctly is that I noticed this error.

Down is SPOT on. Up is the only one surface with the issue... Hmmm and it is on the left side of the plane :/

I am not being to needy am I? lol

Thanks again for all of your help I HIGHLY appreciate it!
  10. thesull

thesull Cadet

Ignore last post. I figured it out and I am excited I did it on my own! Beee yaaah!

Thank you again
    Sulli

Ninja Edit. I did see that now that I got them to level for the up the left when only LEFT is UP it still has more travel... Sigh.

I think I am going to learn on this setup and then worry about working through my issues. I want to crash the new nose I have made now =)
  11. thesull

thesull Cadet

Ok.... So last night I had got the control surfaces all cleaned up and aligned.

Now.... the Super Sonic v2 motor is constantly beeping at me :/

three beeps

I read about the trim or hitting the stick... no trim. no bump of stick.

I know this is a setting... :/

Help?