Warning! This site requires Javascript. Learn how to enable it here.

FLYSKY Newest Model FS-T6 2.4G AFHDS 6 Channel Radio System

Discussion in 'Scratchbuild Talk' started by useless-thumbs, Oct 20, 2012.

1. useless-thumbs

useless-thumbs Airman

I've been waiting to get my hands on one of these for a while.
    There is a guy in Hong Kong who has a few for sale on eBay.

Try this link
  2. northstarflyer

northstarflyer Cadet

I saw those and was woundering if there as good as the th9x because they have 20 modle memory.
  3. useless-thumbs

useless-thumbs Airman

I don't know how it compares to the TH9X but I too like the 20 model memory. I am using a FS-CT6B at the moment which is (as far as I can tell) the same Tx but without both the 20 model memory and the ability to programme it at the flying field (unless you want to drag a laptop along) - these two factors made me interested in the T6. Well, those and the compatibility with my existing Rxs - 'cause I hate spending unnecessarily. Did I mention that it is cheap?

I wonder whether there is anybody on the forum who has first hand experience of using this Tx yet?
  4. rodrigo

rodrigo Ace Pilot

5. useless-thumbs

useless-thumbs Airman

6. useless-thumbs

useless-thumbs Airman

My arrived yesterday all the way from Hong Kong - so I spent some part of today getting to know it. Seems pretty good value to me even if I have had to spend some time with a file to get the elevator "pot" to rest centrally (easy to see it was out by using the display mode in the functions menu) and with the same file to encourage the battery cover to stay in place when closed.

When my new lipos arrive (I smashed up the last of my current stock) I'll put it to the test with a plane.
    One thing I am not too keen on so far - the throttle movement is not "notched" it is a simple smooth movement from minimum to maximum - I guess I'll get used to it in due course (or adjust it by installing some bits from another Fly-Sky radio).
  7. squishy

squishy Top Gun

You can open the TX and flip the spring plate over to get a notched feel on the throttle, most TX's do this, but I don't know about cheap ones from hong kong.

Just an FYI, the DX6i is going for 100 bucks used on RCgroups all the time now...
  8. useless-thumbs

useless-thumbs Airman

In this case the spring plate is a strap attached to the body of the Tx at both ends acting as a friction brake on the movement - Flipping it won't work whereas fixing a spring plate would, of course, work as the mechanical part is notched. I suppose that they must have had a problem with their spring plates in the past - or perhaps the notches wearing out.
  9. squishy

squishy Top Gun

You may be able to get a spring plate from another model TX or make one with a bend to engage the notches..
  10. useless-thumbs

useless-thumbs Airman

That is exactly what I intend doing if I can't get on with it as it is.
  11. rodrigo

rodrigo Ace Pilot

please post your impressions when you fly with it....
    thanks

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 2
  12. useless-thumbs

useless-thumbs Airman

Just an update - I haven't been able to fly with this radio yet - the ******* thing will not remember my models and their settings - I have en enquiry in with FlySky to see what they have to say - I'll keep you posted.
  13. rodrigo

rodrigo Ace Pilot

14. useless-thumbs

useless-thumbs Airman

Update ....

I have heard back from FlySky about my problem with this radio.
    The correspondence went thus:

Me:
    Dear Stacy
    I managed to buy a FS-T6 transmitter from a seller in Hong Kong.
    It is exactly what I wanted for my model planes BUT there is a problem.
    The transmitter deletes all my models and reverts to the original factory setting when it is turned off which, to say the least, is exceedingly annoying.
    Is this a known fault?
    Is there anything I can do to stop this happening? If so - what?
    Please, PLEASE HELP.
    Thank you
    FS:
    Dear Patrick,
    I am very sorry. There is nothing we can do to stop that happening. You must set the model again.
    Me:
    Thank you for your prompt reply.
    I must say that I am disappointed - There really is no point in having a 20 model memory in the radio - this was the main reason I purchased it!.
    Are you going to release a firmware upgrade to solve the problem?
    All the best
    FS:

The T6 does not has firmware upgrade right now.

So, I am shelving the radio for the moment in the hope that at some point in the future they sort out the problems - I have a friend who programmes stuff so I might ask him to have a look to see what he can do - not holding out much hope though.

Overall, I think my FlySky CT6B is just as good - I shall start taking my laptop to the flying field and swap/adjust models on the hoof.

Final word: Don't buy this radio yet!
    Final, final word - Haven't heard a anything from the guy who sold it to me in the first place! Quelle surprise!
  15. squishy

squishy Top Gun

False advertising, memory is memory. Sound like a lawsuit.
  16. useless-thumbs

useless-thumbs Airman

The guy is in Hong Kong so I can't be bothered even to try to get a refund - more fun to wait and see if anything positive transpires.
  17. rodrigo

rodrigo Ace Pilot

so sad, be patient... remember that 9x radios would be mediocre to bad if not for the guys who developed the free firmware-upgrade named ER (interface included)... was not turnigy, flysky, Imax or Eurgle... just clever guys

anyway, thanks for the corage to prove this tx and warn all the rest
  18. rodrigo

rodrigo Ace Pilot

I don't know if you found this but who knows, maybe could help you:
    some guy (nrebman) at rcgroups explain that the problem is on memory #1, but in the rest of memories keeps the setting and trims... try it

oct06 post 15
    "OK, well you're not going to believe this but my theory appears to be correct. I copied my setting from Model #1 to Model #2 & today put in 4 flights on my Mini Funtana & had ZERO problems with the Fly Sky FS-T6. I have no idea what is up with model memory #1 but I am going to avoid it & quite frankly with 20 model memories I really don't need it. I just erased the model name Funtana to "Do not use". I know it sounds crazy but changing to Model #2 seems to work. As it stands now I am going to keep the radio unless I find any other anomolies but not today that's for sure, it was fine."

3 weeks later oct24, post 44
    "I have had no problems with the radio since I switched to model memory #2 & above. No range problems & no more issues with Mode Changes at the field. I cannot explain it but since it has 20 model memories, losing 1 is not that big of a deal for me. I still may send the radio back but as long as it behaves itself, I will probably not."
  19. poplharris

poplharris Ace Pilot

Dang I would like to have one of these but I cant keep buying transmitters just because I want one.
    thanks
    Don
  20. useless-thumbs

useless-thumbs Airman

Hi rodrigo
    Yes, I have seen this and tried it with my Tx but still the same problem happens.
    At the moment I am working through changes to one screen at a time to see if I can isolate the problem area.
    My thinking to date is that the problem is with the "display" setting but this still needs further testing.