Warning! This site requires Javascript. Learn how to enable it here.

Flysky CT6B 2.4 radio setup question

Discussion in 'Master Parts List' started by fibo, Nov 27, 2010.

1. fibo

fibo Rookie

bought one of the cheapo chinese 2.4 radios from Nitroplanes. Didn't come with any instructions, CD or paperwork. Must be a site with setup help somewhere...can anyone help?
  2. What do you need to know?
  3. fibo

fibo Rookie

just about everything...I'm a total noobie to 2.4. I've had "dumb" 3 and 4 ch 72 and 27's so far. I guess I'll plug it into my PC and see what pops up. Gotta be some caibration software or something, right? I mean, they ship this with nothing at all, just radio, what I think is a bind plug, and an RX, thats it....it was cheap, but shoot....
  4. colkx250

colkx250 Rookie

5. fibo

fibo Rookie

thank you very much. The manual is written in the most entertaining Chinglish I've ever seen...:spin: Now I have to figure out what is expo and all that good stuff.!
  6. fibo

fibo Rookie

well, didn't have to figure out expo, cause it doesn't have it. It does have servo limits, dual rate capability, mixing, throttle curce, etc. So for $32 plus frt, it's a steal. I also found that it is the same radio as the Exceed, Hobby King, Turborx and a couple others, just rebranded. Build quality on the outside and control function seems pretty solid. Flies great.

So now I want a couple more receivers, but can't find em anywhere. Thought I'd just get another whole kit at that price, but it is sold out at Nitro too...dang. If anyone sees the receiver for one of these, FLYSKY MODEL FS-R6B, I'd sure appreciate aheads up.....!
  7. poplharris

poplharris Ace Pilot

I just bought this transmitter for a friend but I cant seem to change any of the settings. Does anyone know the settings for elevon mix right off the top of there head? Ive been looking but cant seem to find it.
    thanks
    Don
  8. fibo

fibo Rookie

this worked great for me on the F-22 V1......copied from another members post.

I have used this to set up elevons, successfully.[​IMG]

I will start by assuming that you have successfully installed the driver for your cord and have the t6config program talking to your radio. If not, then I'm not the one to help you install the drivers because there's too many variables to try to do it long distance.

Once you have t6config talking to your radio, here's the settings for elevons.

First, "zero" out the radio by doing the following:

Click on "GetUser." This downloads the default settings in your radio to the t6config program. Click on "Save" and save those settings under a name such as "default settings." You may wish to create a "T6config" folder under "My Documents" to keep store your files in.

Once you have saved the default settings, time to zero out the radio for a default aeroplane. To do so, start by clicking on "Type" and choose "ACRO."

Click on EndPoint and make all 6 channels read 100% in both windows.

Click on "Revserve" (typo in program) and uncheck all boxes.

Click on "SubTrim" and make all boxes "0."

Click on "Stick" and select "Model2" (typo in program, should read "Mode 2") Mode 2 has the elevator and aileron on the right stick, and the rudder and throttle on the left stick. For those in Europe and like to fly Mode 1, then simply choose "Model1." All of the mixes will be the same as long as you chose the proper mode.

Click on Mix, and go through all three mixes and set the mix to "OFF."

You now have a basic 4 channel radio. To add elevons, add the following three mixes:

Mix Num: MIX 1
    Source: CH1
    Des: CH2
    Up Rate: 100
    Down Rate: 100
    Switch: ON

Mix Num: MIX 2*
    Source: CH2
    Des: CH1
    Up Rate: -100
    Down Rate: -100

Mix Num: MIX 3*
    Source: VR B
    Des: CH5
    Up Rate: 100
    Down Rate: 100

You now have basic elevons, with Channel 1 as your left elevon, and channel 2 as your right elevon. Channel 3 is your throttle, and Channel 4 is your rudder. And you have Channel 5 controlled by VR B for gear or bomb doors, if you like.

If the elevon throws are backwards, then simply go into the "Revserve" menu and check the boxes for CH1 and CH2.

Now you can fine tune your throws using the endpoint numbers, but remember this is a very simple radio, so no matter what you set your endpoints to, with the mix you can get full throw on the servos, so make sure your linkage setup can handle full servo throws without stalling or binding.

Next you can assign a switch (I use Switch A) to dual rates (DR) by clicking on "Switch A" and choosing "DR." Then click on the "DR" box and put in numbers for your desired dual rates. I put in 50 for DR on, and 100 for DR off, but you can experiment.
  9. poplharris

poplharris Ace Pilot

Thats it, thanks guys, you rule.
    thanks again
    Don
  10. william19848

william19848 Rookie

Hi Fibo... followed all the setup as i also have this transmitter. except when i go to fly on phoenix, all the contraols are muddled up only half of them work, even after setup new transmitter. works on my helicopter at home but not on simulator. Any tips ? thanks heasps mate