Warning! This site requires Javascript. Learn how to enable it here.

2S 7.4V 1000mAh Lipo Charge Help

Discussion in 'Scratchbuild Talk' started by sunnyboy44, Jan 6, 2010.

1. sunnyboy44

sunnyboy44 Cadet

Hello,
    I recently purchased the battery with specifications as stated, and here is the link to the product:
    http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/graysonpower-1000hv-lipo-pack-p-933.html

I also bought the AC6 Thunder Charger, and now have proceeded to charge the battery (don't worry, I read the entire manual and watch instructional videos) but I am puzzled by something. I set the charger up to charge my 2S battery, at 1.0 A, and now, after the charger told me that the charging is complete, it shows that each cell has 4.2V and that the final voltage of the cell is 8.4V? What is going on here? To give some extra info, I balanced charged the battery, it took about 26 minutes to charge, and got barely warm (definitely no bulge).

I expected the individual cells to have 3.7V and the total to be 7.4V, am I wrong in thinking this?

Sincerely,
    -Caspar
  2. sunnyboy44

sunnyboy44 Cadet

After some researching I have figured out that this is normal, but then my question changes to; why? The batteries are advertised as 7.4V so wouldn't that indicate the maximum capacity? I always thought each LiPo cell was 3.7V..........:confused:

Thanks,

-Caspar
  3. JettaManDan

JettaManDan Administrator

3.7 is the nominal voltage..but they always are 4.2 when fully charged...it is correct...